Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, do any of you lucky people who already got their 2nd edition copy feel like sharing some impressions? From the scans HelenofTroy has posted, I can see that there are now clerics, items, heroes, units rated "D" for initative, as well as units showing a castle or red star as terrain type. The red star seems to indicate clerical spellcasters, but what's up with rest? Are there significant changes to the core rules? And what kind of maps are included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
The maps are labelled 13-16, though they are supposedly the original four maps from the first edition.

Some of the clerics abilities are listed on the spell cards which Robin uploaded; lower right-hand corner.

As to the rules: Robin is going to give them the one-over in the next few days and then we're going to play this weekend. We're only going to use the units that came with the boxed set and the expansion set. Scenarios are included in the rules, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puck4604 wrote:
Scenarios are included in the rules, too!

I hope they are good ones. If you look at the comments of people who gave low ratings to WK, many complain about how the basic scenario is a recipe for stalemate. This is the kind of first impression that can make or break a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased a heroes and treasures pack to go with my 2nd edition base set.

There are 3 strips of labels, 7 long. 2 of them have regular faction units.

Strip 1: Charmer,Huscarl,Gnome,Castle,Knight,Goblin,Skeleton
Strip 2: Castle,Hero,Catapult,Wicana,Kog,Orc,Ghost Ship

...and the specials

Strip 3:Nessie,Minotaur,Hellhound,Wyvern,WereTiger (yellow ?),Silver (a sack of), Ring

The items on Strips 1&2 that are not already in the base (v2) game:

Strip 1:Hero [A4 Cost:4 0 steps], Catapult [A3 Cost:4 2/3/4] ,Kog [ship B2 Cost:4 2/3],Ghost ship [B2 Cost:4 2/3]
Strip 2:Gnome [B1 Cost:2, 2/3 steps]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. The expansion content looks like the one posted as a picture, but with unit types shifted to different factions.

How does gold/silver work? Is it just a way to save GP from one turn to the next? Then why does it have a combat rating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Suwanda
Switzerland
Uznach
SG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings aces

Chaos units, werbeasts and artifacts are not faction dependent. They go on what ever faction block you want. That's a major drawback for a supposed multiplayer game if you ask me. They should go on "neutral" blocks to use with different factions. I am the only one in my game group who bought the game so I can either buy *a lot* of expansion packs to even out the unit mix or use the starting armies - less than 10 units per faction...

Other than that my expansion pack looks almost the same as posted.

Kirin out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.