Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KiryuEX
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
In the official "story" of Star Realms, the Blobs are a mysterious alien race that are very aggressive and violent towards humans. Supposedly this is because of the constant human expansion into space, possibly even into the Blobs' territory.

Still, their actual reasons for this are unclear. But I have a theory.

Given the card artwork and the various bits of information available, I believe the Blobs are an aquatic race with very soft or even gelatinous bodies, like squid or jellyfish. Also, they might even live at great depths, under massive amounts of pressure. This might help explain why humans only find a gelatinous mass inside Blob ships recovered after a battle. The inside of the Blob ships would be filled with water and highly pressurized, similar to the Blobs' native environment. When the hull/cockpit is breached during combat, the water inside evaporates/boils due to the sudden change in pressure caused by the vacuum of space. The Blob inside, like a deep sea fish, would "pop" under the sudden lack of pressure. Thus when humans opened the damaged ship, the water inside had already boiled away (and/or leaked out and froze in open space), and the Blob pilot had exploded, leaving only it's jellied remains.

As for their aggression towards humans, it's quite simple (if my previous theory is correct). Planets with bodies of water (or any water at all) might be very rare, and would be highly prized by the Blobs as the only suitable sites for colonization. Humans, on the other hand, would colonize almost any planet, if only for harvesting it's resources. Thus the Blobs would consider humans a threat, for depriving them of the few places in the galaxy where they could live naturally.

Of course, it's only a theory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.