Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: Origins Vender Hall rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know what time the Origins Vender Hall opens to the public on Thursday morning? First time going and I'd like to know when to start waiting in line for a new release.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10 AM every morning beginning Thursday.
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year there were maybe 50-100 waiting in front of each of the two big sets of doors to go in by 10AM. The "line ups" were noticeable around 9:30 as I recall (more like a milling, small, friendly crowd).

I happened to be in the front of the left-hand set of doors that had a jam about two minutes before opening and they were unable to open that set of six-eight doors so ... we all had to move over to the other set of doors crowding things in a bit. The other folks were pretty gracious about keeping a rough order of who had been lining up first even in the short confusion and getting all squishy-close (or at least, muttered well enough under their breath that no one seemed to be upset).

There was no real mad running, but it helps to have your "must-get-to" booths marked on a map and know exactly where to go when they do open. The Z-Man booth near the front was pretty popular last year (Voyages of Marco Polo was in short supply).

My own "must have" list is very short this year (two titles/booths) and the few other games I'm interested in aren't going to be mad panics, just if the publisher has it in stock. I already have my copy of Guilds of London arriving Monday via courier from the UKGE, else the TMG booth would have been a run for me this year.

I'll be the guy with the red St Louis Cardinals hat on in front of the doors early this year, say hello!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been meaning to ask this question in the general thread but it fits better over here:

Is there a map of the convention center that is specific to Origins? If so, where? (I have looked on the Origins website with no success.)

Also, is there a list of vendors and/or a map of the dealer hall showing who will be where? (Again, I have looked without any luck.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cmarie wrote:
I have been meaning to ask this question in the general thread but it fits better over here:

Is there a map of the convention center that is specific to Origins? If so, where? (I have looked on the Origins website with no success.)

Also, is there a list of vendors and/or a map of the dealer hall showing who will be where? (Again, I have looked without any luck.)

PDF Origins book will be out very shortly. It has maps, vendor lists, and a whole lot more info about the events, deals, food, etc. Last years was 36.5MB and 80 pages.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the help. It is much appreciated. I will be looking to snag a copy of Guilds of London myself. My friend is looking to get the New Dead of Winter The Long Night. We will plan to get there about 9:30 then.
 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MEECROB GoHeels wrote:
Thank you very much for the help. It is much appreciated. I will be looking to snag a copy of Guilds of London myself. My friend is looking to get the New Dead of Winter The Long Night. We will plan to get there about 9:30 then.

for a Tony Boydell fan. I will be running two (full) games Wednesday first thing in the Board Room area if you want to swing by for a look.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really have no games by publishers I'm must having over but I'm hoping Cool Stuff will have a board game from an absent publisher however.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Origins Vendor Hall
cmarie wrote:
Is there a map of the convention center that is specific to Origins? If so, where? (I have looked on the Origins website with no success.)

That map will be especially important this year (even for us veterans) due to the ongoing construction at the convention center (which I've heard may not be completed by Origins 2017). A lot of events will likely be in different locations or even cancelled (as is the case for the auctions). For instance, I have heard that the second floor area on the far north end (where the Origins After Dark events are held) won't be available.

Note that this may also affect access to the convention center from High Street.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yuglooc wrote:
cmarie wrote:
Is there a map of the convention center that is specific to Origins? If so, where? (I have looked on the Origins website with no success.)

That map will be especially important this year (even for us veterans) due to the ongoing construction at the convention center (which I've heard may not be completed by Origins 2017). A lot of events will likely be in different locations or even cancelled (as is the case for the auctions). For instance, I have heard that the second floor area on the far north end (where the Origins After Dark events are held) won't be available.

Note that this may also affect access to the convention center from High Street.


The north end of the convention center is definitely under the scaffolds. I would recommend going into the Hilton and taking the skywalk across if you're on that side of the halls.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
The north end of the convention center is definitely under the scaffolds. I would recommend going into the Hilton and taking the skywalk across if you're on that side of the halls.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll need to allow a lot of extra time to walk from Le Meridien (where I'm staying this year - that's what I get for not booking until the last week of February).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know the extent of the construction and how much it will affect Origins? Will a lot of stuff not be there this year and be cancelled or is stuff just in different locations than usual. Our first time going and we want the full experience! Very excited.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yuglooc wrote:
FunkyBlue wrote:
The north end of the convention center is definitely under the scaffolds. I would recommend going into the Hilton and taking the skywalk across if you're on that side of the halls.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll need to allow a lot of extra time to walk from Le Meridien (where I'm staying this year - that's what I get for not booking until the last week of February).


Take the CBUS Circulator. Free fare, drops off right past the Hilton every 15 minutes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vendor Hall map printed. Two must-have locations plotted*. Lines of departure and axis of attack all noted. Thursday at 0900 in ready position and 1000 hours the troops move out.

devil

*No, I'm not telling. Loose lips and all that, there are enemies everywhere.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Separate question ... I can't seem to find Cryptozoic's booth in the Vendor Hall or on the list of vendors. Anyone spot it? Or are they only selling from their set-up in the main gaming hall?

(Note: Not one of the two mentioned above, in case anyone's wondering.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Separate question ... I can't seem to find Cryptozoic's booth in the Vendor Hall or on the list of vendors. Anyone spot it? Or are they only selling from their set-up in the main gaming hall?

(Note: Not one of the two mentioned above, in case anyone's wondering.)


Quite a few vendors went entirely into Hall D. They should be listed in there if you don't find them in Hall C.
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endless dreamer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:
Separate question ... I can't seem to find Cryptozoic's booth in the Vendor Hall or on the list of vendors. Anyone spot it? Or are they only selling from their set-up in the main gaming hall?

(Note: Not one of the two mentioned above, in case anyone's wondering.)


Quite a few vendors went entirely into Hall D. They should be listed in there if you don't find them in Hall C.


Yeah, I thought Cryptozoic was in Hall D last year and didn't have a booth in C.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"A bloody nose, empty pockets, rented car with a trunk full of guns... Check out time is sundown in Las Vegas, but it only rises once..."
badge
Fox by Kyle Ferrin for the game Root (gif by BeckyTokens)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
endlsdremr wrote:
FunkyBlue wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:
Separate question ... I can't seem to find Cryptozoic's booth in the Vendor Hall or on the list of vendors. Anyone spot it? Or are they only selling from their set-up in the main gaming hall?

(Note: Not one of the two mentioned above, in case anyone's wondering.)


Quite a few vendors went entirely into Hall D. They should be listed in there if you don't find them in Hall C.


Yeah, I thought Cryptozoic was in Hall D last year and didn't have a booth in C.


Correct. I played Spyfall while everyone else lined up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.