Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
TO:
All 281st Bombardment Group (Heavy) Personal

SUBJECT:
Paper Work Submissions

MEMO:
Ladies and Gentlemen, to keep the “powers at large” at High Wycombe happy we will continue to properly type up our After Action Reports (AAR) to the Proper Military Format. This is so that the required information is not missing or scattered through out the documents which would make it difficult to extract the need information to assemble the final mission assessments for General Henry (Hap) Arnold in a timely manor.

As we have many new recruits (Players) and as a reminder of the proper submissions for our veterans here is a review of the proper formatting, an AAR layout is included with this transmittal. HQ will continue to relie on the officers to follow the proper modus operandi, requiring that we follow this procedure to help facilitate timely processing of the mountains of reports to be generated on a daily basis.

Col. D. Donnelly

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ladies and Gentlemen, these rule from the past are still in effect for posting information on your reports. This will apply to AAR if you abort in Zone 2 out bound or fly the whole mission out of formation with two engines out, God forbid. As you can imagine this campaign is time consuming and with more players flying it is even more daunting. To help me move through the data quicker please follow this request for my benefit. Sorry to say I don’t always get time to read through every AAR entirely and it make my task Extremely more difficult to gather data for the “Personal Roster” and “End of Mission Report” (EoMR.) If you don’t list, or bury it in the body of text, the need info from your reports I then have to seek out the information. This makes my task of keeping this campaign going very overwhelming.

Your compliance to this request will be very helpful and much appreciated!

Jim P cool

Below is an example, underlined data entries are Required, information in the position location shown, in every transmission of Missions AAR's. (please note YOU do not have to underline the information in your AAR, but it is underlined here to make it standout.

EXAMPLE:

Pilot: 1st Lt.. Andy Anybody
B-17: "Bombs Alot/Miss Alot" (B-17F-20-BO 42-31546) GG-A
Squadron: 154th Bombardment Squadron, 218th Bombardment Group (Heavy)
Mission: 200 (Bomber 1)
Date: October 13th, 1943
Target: Wulfs Lair, Germany. H/Q (Berlin)
Position: Middle

Crew Status: (LW-1 / SW-1 / KIA-0 / FB-1)
Pilot: 1st Lt. Andy Anybody(19) [LW] or LW
Copilot: 2nd Lt Rod Hayes (17)
Bombardier: 2nd Lt Kip Karricter (19) *
Navigator: 2nd Lt. Tibias Goodwell (15) **
Engineer: First Sgt. John Bear (12) ## [FROST] or [FB]
Radio Operator: TSgt. Ted Nugent (19) ½ [SW] OR [SW-IH]
Ball Gunner: Sgt. C. Lester McBeggs (18) #
Port Waist: Sgt. Dave Hatcher (5)
Starboard Waist: Sgt. Jerry Waffel (6)
Tail Gunner: 2nd Lt. Chuck Woodly (19) ½

Key:
½ = Half an Enemy A/C KIA
* = 1 Enemy A/C KIA
# = 5 Enemy A/C KIA

Bomb Run:
---- Bomb Drop; on or off or aborted
---- Accuracy; 00% or DNB

Enemy Fighters Encountered: (KIA – 9 / Prob – 5 / Damg – 2)
You may be as descriptive as you like for individual claims.

Claims:
You may be as descriptive as you like for individual claims.

Medals and Promotions:
You may be as descriptive as you like.

B-17s disposition: (this can be incorporated in the damage report)
Returned or aborted or MIA or Lost or landed at forward RAF base etc
You may be as descriptive as you like.

Replacements:
Optional entry

Mission Description: (optional)
Subject: Wulfs Lair, Germany. H/Q (Berlin)
13-October-43 Mission Report C5M001-546A

Mission Debriefing:
Be as detailed as you wish

Pilot: 1st Lt.. Andy Anybody
Command pilot, "Bombs Alot/Miss Alot" (B-17F-01-BO 42-1234) GG-A
151th BS, 281st BG(H), 3rd Bombardment Wing
Elveden Hall, UK

So as you can see above I want the Pilot, Plane and your squadron towards the top. Putting them in the order I show makes it easy for me to copy past in the “Roster Thread.” Then listing the crew with their status helps me denote the numbers for our “EoMR” post. Similar to the EoMR info above, please list a summery of your enemy claims so I don’t have to add them up or search out your numbers. This is a very simple task on your end that will save me time and frustration.

Also, for all entrees of injured crewmember should be listed as LW, SW, KIA, MIA or POW and enemy claims listed as KIA,PROB,DAMG. PROB being FBOA-2 and DAMG being FCA-1. this will help facilitate my data entry.

I know putting the pilot and plane at the top and at the bottom of your report seems redundant but it can be helpful for my tasks. And please list the pilot first and the plane second as I copy past these into other threads and if you flip them it is not just a simple copy past. If the info is flipped then have to reorder to the proper format. It may not seem much from an individual’s perspective but there are 47 players with anywhere from 30 – 45 flying each mission. It does add up.

In addition when volunteering for Lead/Tail Duty please list the pilot and the aircraft so I don’t have to go back to other threads to find this information. That way I can just copy past right from your request.

If you are doing a MACR style of AAR I need the Pilots rank & name, Planes name & serial no., Crew disposition, bomb results (if any) and enemy fighter claims too. I know in real life that we would not necessarily know all this data but I use this data to build our “End of Mission Report.” As you do know this data it can be supplied for our record keeping.

Thank you for your cooperation in this request as it will greatly help to keep this campaign on track.

Jim P cool

Note this is taken from an earlier campaign (5th tour) and still holds for this the 7th tour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
TO:
All 281st BG(H) Personal

SUBJECT:
Welcoming New Recruits

MEMO:
Let us all welcome our newest recruits jon7167, 6 dB drop, RoboLenin, vicco1, Jacobs40k, vezina99, kptom, Ozvortex, Ryph Raph, maddmykie, drathbun, Streetdog, and welcome back both Dirty Harry & Hatricvs to the group.

Hello to All,
First, let me welcome you all to the group and thank you for your interest in our Campaign.

I have assigned you to the various BS see below, Aircraft Code “G”, and you may get started in the next mission, 158. The due date is in the middle of the campaign outline of the mission briefing, in red. This missions date is 16/06/18. As for posting your After Action Report (AAR) submit it in the appropriate mission thread.

Please check these threads for all the information needed to fly.

281st BG (H) News:
Campaign News: Here

Optional rules:
281st BG (V) House Rules: Here

Replacement Aircraft:
281st BG (V) Replacements: Here

Damage point chart to quantify damage to your B-17:
Peckham Damage Point System: Here

To see your Squadron Assignment:
Player Squadron Assignment: Here

To see where your Squadron is in the combat box:
Squadron Mission Assignment: Here

Your Squadron's page:
151st BS Squadron Page: Here
jon7167
6 dB drop
RoboLenin
vicco1
Jacobs40k

152nd BS Squadron Page: Here
vezina99
n1ascar

153rd BS Squadron Page: Here
kptom
Ozvortex
Ryph Raph
maddmykie
Hatricvs

154th BS Squadron Page: Here
drathbun
Streetdog
Dirty Harry

And our current mission:
158: 21th February 1944 –TBD

You may fly this mission and post your ARR by Saturday the 18th.

Thank you again for your interest in our campaign!

Good luck and Gods Speed,

Colonel Ronald Donnelly (jasta6)
Commanding Officer
Elveden Hall, UK
3rd Bombardment Wing HQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.