Tsuro» Forums » General

Subject: Ties? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Waldron
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
How often has the game ended with one of the following two scenarios?

1) All tiles are played and several people are facing the last open square (or the dragon if you do place the dragon in the last spot).

I've played some trial runs to get a handle on some strategy, and I have gotten 3-way ties out of 6 people.

2) A played is forced to suicide, but does so in a manner which removes all other remaining players from winning the game as well.

Not yet. Possible though, especially if one of the corners becomes inaccessible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For scenario 2, we have always played that after placing the last tile the opponent(s)' tokens are moved first and fall off of the board. The placer of the tile is then the winner but still is required to move his or her token off of the board. I don't have the rules in front of me but I believe that this is a way to prevent ties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cook
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
> 1) All tiles are played and several people are
> facing the last open square (or the dragon

We've played about a thousand games during Friday lunches, and it does happen that people tie for first. We don't bother putting the dragon tile into the spot, as it would serve no purpose to do so. There were ties for first in 182 of the 947 games we've recorded, or roughly 20%. About 2% of the time, three people tie for first. We've only had three times that four people all tied for the win. We normally play with eight.

> 2) A played is forced to suicide, but does so in a
> manner which removes all other remaining players
> from winning the game as well.

This happens quite a bit. Especially since we keep score and putting out the other people gives you more points. (First loser gets 0 points, next one out gets 1 point, etc. Tying shares the combined points.) As a result, when confronted with a required suicide, we will try to make sure to kill as many others as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.