Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posting a sanity check.

Example in the last dream:
Ren has score a card that can finish the first line of her poem. Nothing in the Atman would do so so she uses the score card.
She now has to take one card from the Atman and the only one that would do so completes the next line of the poem.

Reading the rules closely this is probably an illegal play. It seems the Atman card needs to be added first then score cards added. Also only one line can be completed a turn.

So the correct interpretation seems:
Ren takes an Atman card that can't be added so is discarded or fed to a raven.
Ren then uses a score card to finish the first line of her poem.

Played that right?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
SolarJ wrote:
Ren has score a card that can finish the first line of her poem. Nothing in the Atman would do so so she uses the score card.
She now has to take one card from the Atman and the only one that would do so completes the next line of the poem.

Reading the rules closely this is probably an illegal play. It seems the Atman card needs to be added first then score cards added. Also only one line can be completed a turn.

Played that right?

Thanks

Unsure as to whether the Atman card must be taken first, so this is a good question. Assume that Ren needs a 3 to complete the row, and the only one she can take from the Atman is a 1. There is a 3 in the score pile. Can she take the score card FIRST, so she completes the line, or is it Game Over?

I'll ask the designer…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the Osprey rules suggested that if you take a card from the atman that can be used, it must be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's whether timing of using the score cards is allowed before drawing from the Atman by Ren. This could change whether the subsequently selected Atman card can be used in the final poem. The translated rules seem to indicate any addition of score cards follow placement of the Atman card. I posted to claify and Zimon is kindly checking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g3p g3p
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
SolarJ wrote:

Played that right?

Thanks

Unsure as to whether the Atman card must be taken first, so this is a good question. Assume that Ren needs a 3 to complete the row, and the only one she can take from the Atman is a 1. There is a 3 in the score pile. Can she take the score card FIRST, so she completes the line, or is it Game Over?

I'll ask the designer…

Any updates on this question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to post the question Mailed him now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite surprising, but not that surprising; Ren is allowed to take score cards to fill out a poem row with any timing, as long as it's her turn. So she can take a score card and add to her poem row BEFORE she takes the card from the Atman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for checking that Zimeon!

I assume that only one poem row per turn still applies for the 3rd dream in this case? So if you finish the poem row with the score cards then you would have to discard the Atman card even if it would help the next row?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SolarJ wrote:
Thanks so much for checking that Zimeon!

I assume that only one poem row per turn still applies for the 3rd dream in this case? So if you finish the poem row with the score cards then you would have to discard the Atman card even if it would help the next row?

Yes. This is explicit. You can only complete 1 row per turn. I don't know if you'd call it an exception, but if the fourth heart card is a '5', it's auto-completed the moment the third row is complete. So it might happen that the third dream gets only 3 turns (if Ren is crazy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.