Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niels Van Och
Belgium
Hasselt
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ordered the Ultimate Edition and was going over the rulebook, but stumbled on a few questions regarding the player powers:
- What does the Captain do exactly? Is it just that the very first turn he ends in a Dangerous Sector he doesn't draw a card (and thereby claims he's in a Silent Sector)?
- The Pilot doesn't say he reveals himself when using his power, but that's pretty much what happens, right? Because there's no other way for a player to claim a double noise without openly playing a Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same question about the captain. It is not clear if he says he moves into a dangerous sector but just does not draw, or if he acts as though he is in a silent sector...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tollen
msg tools
I just got this game for Christmas and was confused by this rule too.

Thinking it through logically, if the Captain had to announce he was in a Dangerous Sector but was not drawing a card, this would immediately give away both his side and his role. It would be such a huge disadvantage to be forced to disclose this critical information right at the start of the game that this cannot possibly have been the designers' intention. It would ruin the game for any player who drew the Captain card and give the aliens an easy victory.

I therefore think that the only sensible interpretation is that the Captain must pretend that the first Dangerous Sector he enters is a Silent Sector.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi all,

Sorry for missing this forum topic originally, but it has been brought to my intention so will answer it now:

Captain: The first time the Captain would move into a Dangerous Sector, that player announces "Silent Sector" and does not draw a card. There should be no way of telling that a power has been used.

Pilot: The pilot does, as you suspect, reveal themselves by nature of their power.

Hope that clarifies things, sorry for the long overdue reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls