Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This used to be one of my favorite games. The last few times I've been able to play it however, Sheriffs lately won't even talk to me and just open my bag. One time without even waiting for me to say what was in it.
"I don't care what's in it, I'm opening it anyway" [snap!]
It's not as if I lie all the time or try to get a bunch of items through. I'll often try a bag or two of all legal items and try to get the Sheriff to think I have contraband.

Harder with 'Zee's Variant' to play all honest not to mention boring but no choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, if they are opening they should have to pay you for everything legit, so load it up with legal goods and collect the money. Hopefully that will make them think about calling your bluff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Gullotti
United States
Fort Wayne
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More table talk is needed. Here's what I'd do after a situation like that. Say Jenny just opened all the bags without caring to listen last time she was Sheriff. This time when the first person is filling thei badly, I'd say:

"OK everyone, Jenny is Sheriff! Legal goods everyone, let's get some free gold!"

As Sheriff is a bluffing game in the purest sense, every action in the game can be used against or for a player. Think outside the box and use it to your advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean... I guess you just need to only send legal goods and let the sheriff pay you. It seems pretty nutty for the sheriff to check your pathetic bag of "2 cheeses" but send it and get paid.

Is this a problem with EVERY sheriff doing it to YOU specifically? Or just a single person singling you out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.