Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No question mark needed; NYC is Pop 2.

Total Support is therefore 1×1 (for Passive Support in Quebec City) + 1×2 (for Passive Support in NYC) = 1+2 = 3, just like the scenario setup says.

Regards,
Oerjan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bertucelli
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"If not, how could the Designer's & Editors let such an obvious flaw slip through to the game release?"

Is this line necessary especially when you are asking for help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hobiecat wrote:
"If not, how could the Designer's & Editors let such an obvious flaw slip through to the game release?"

Is this line necessary especially when you are asking for help.

I agree. My initial reading I thought what a ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rikolus wrote:

If not, how could the Designer's & Editors let such an obvious flaw slip through to the game release?

As someone who has spent countless hours editing and proofing rulebooks, it happens. Even published novels have errors because you can't run language and grammar through a computer program to fix it all; and that's the same with examples of play and more. It's a tough job taken on by people volunteering their time as a community to make something better.

Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite so. And those efforts are very much appreciated.

Such tireless and typically payless work ferrets out and corrects something 99% of errors present.

99%.

From the customer's view, however -- and we must respect this view as authentic -- that remaining 1% once discovered post-production looks nothing like 1%. Rather it looks like a big fat 100% error, glaring us in the face.

The question of how that error ever got through rises quite naturally and innocently out of the absence of awareness of what errors were removed. (I am discussing here the general case of actual errata, not the instance above, in which there was no error to begin with.)

Even with such awareness, when I see a vivid error in the production copy of my own design, say on a player aid chart, I have to go back and check the proofs, because I find it so hard to believe that I missed it. Yet, invariably, there it is.

Perception is a devilishly tricky thing that can work against us in this biz.

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:

From the customer's view, however -- and we must respect this view as authentic -- that remaining 1% once discovered post-production looks nothing like 1%.

vfr

Oh, entirely. I definitely feel terrible when a mistake makes its way through, and more often than not, it is a glaring mistake. It's a shame that it happens, and none of us wish they did occur, but mistakes are made and errors are overlooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:

Such tireless and typically payless work ferrets out and corrects something 99% of errors present.

99%.

From the customer's view, however -- and we must respect this view as authentic -- that remaining 1% once discovered post-production looks nothing like 1%. Rather it looks like a big fat 100% error, glaring us in the face.

The question of how that error ever got through rises quite naturally and innocently out of the absence of awareness of what errors were removed. (I am discussing here the general case of actual errata, not the instance above, in which there was no error to begin with.)

Even with such awareness, when I see a vivid error in the production copy of my own design, say on a player aid chart, I have to go back and check the proofs, because I find it so hard to believe that I missed it. Yet, invariably, there it is.

vfr

If only I were always on vacation and away from my keyboard when a gracious Volko classic response is warranted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hankhankhank wrote:
Volko wrote:

99%.

vfr

If only I were always on vacation and away from my keyboard when a gracious Volko classic response is warranted!

Agreed. Volko ought to run for political office with his ability to treat all comments on here as completely reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.