Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally, if a player chooses not to reveal an explored location, the exploring spacecraft is destroyed. (This is stated both on p. 29, 30, both pages implying that is also how it works for the sub-orbital flight card.)

However, on the footnote on p. 26 and the flowchart on the back cover, it states that in sub-orbital flight, occupants die, implying SC is not destroyed. Which rule is correct?

PS The solar radiation and suborbital flight hazards both only affect humans. However, the suborbital flight rules of "reveal only when exploring with an astronaut" and "SC is not destroyed when choosing not to reveal the location to everyone" does not apply to SR. Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
I don't even know where I live anymore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player chooses not to reveal an explored location, the spacecraft is destroyed...
except if the location is Suborbital Flight, then the occupants die instead.

Suborbital Flight is an exception to the usual rules about explorable locations: it cannot be surveyed, and it has no effect at all on unmanned spacecraft.

Solar Radiation can be surveyed, so I figured it was best to make it work like all the other surveyable locations. Otherwise we'd end up having three classes of explorable locations instead of two, and there's enough to remember as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.