Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

How does one get into myth today?
Its seems really confusing with all the rules uppdates.

Is there a base box with 2.0 rules?
If not, what do i need to do to get the 2.0 rules?
Can you play 2.0 rules with the components in the base box or do i need to eratta cards and such?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cazzmataz wrote:

Is there a base box with 2.0 rules?

Yes. Has a big 2.0 Sticker on the lid. It's what I got - has all 2.0 components: rules, cards, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds great!

Lets say im gonna buy some myth stuff.
WHat products are compatible with 2.0?
Can i buy all moster packs etc?

Also, how is the game solo? Can you play it solo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cazzmataz wrote:
Lets say im gonna buy some myth stuff.
WHat products are compatible with 2.0?

Only the base game has been printed as 2.0. You can download the Skald, Spriggan and Trickster 2.0 hero cards for printing yourself, and you can get the skeleton enemies' new 2.0 cards at the end of the Rise of the Revenant PDF module. Everything else is 1.0.

Other than card-less stuff like extra tiles and the alternate-gender minis, I don't recommend buying 1.0 expansion stuff. Megacon's shipping rates are quite high (esp. international), so buying the 2.0 cards upgrade pack(s) after the fact will not be cheap.

If you don't mind printing your own 2.0 cards when they're eventually released (or you don't mind spending $$ on shipping), then you could get additional enemies. The minion and captain packs only come with a single card, so that's not much to have to upgrade later. The skeletons would be a good place to start, because those have 2.0 cards you can print now, and those enemies work together with the mini-boss in the base game. I'd advise not to get the rat and elemental races, since they will be used in the much better "module" format. Assuming the stuff from the 2nd kickstarter makes it to retail, you'll probably get much better value if you wait for a full module featuring the monster race and a fleshed out story w/ tokens, cards, some extra tiles, etc.

The iconography and card backs of the items have changed significantly, and the quests are completely reworked, so definitely don't get any item or quest expansions.

If you do get the base game, I do recommend the free PDF module Rise of the Revenant. You have to level up a bit with the regular base game quests, but once you have some decent gear, it is (IMHO) a much smoother playing experience than the looser sandbox type stuff in the original game. I think the overall Myth experience will be greatly improved once they release lots of modules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Cazzmataz wrote:
How does one get into myth today?
Move to Södertälje and join me at the table.

Or follow Manu's advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Cazzmataz wrote:

Also, how is the game solo? Can you play it solo?

The game is very good solo.
I'd recommend starting with two heroes (for example soldier and acolyth) and when you are comfortable with the rules let a third one join.

Though I have to say that I'm playing three heroes atm and when they have geared up and their weapons and armors have cool special effects it's hard not to forget something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.