flag msg tools
mbmb
* Indy Comic heroes, like Tank Girl, Spawn, Gen13, etc

* Power Rangers, even if I do like Super Sentai better

* Sega/Nintendo

* Teen Titans (cartoon version)

* Evil Dead

* Horror movies, like Nightmare on Elm Street, etc

* Troma Studios: Chopper Chicks, Surf Nazis, Sgt Kabukiman, Toxie, the whole works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterBlue wrote:

* Sega/Nintendo

* Evil Dead

* Troma Studios: Chopper Chicks, Surf Nazis, Sgt Kabukiman, Toxie, the whole works.

Ugh. Its MARVEL/DC. Classics. Not a bunch of terrible, B rated "heroes" and characters. Maybe in their own game, but not in VS. And the cartoon Teen Titans suck anyway, even in cartoon form. They have their own CCG, and it sucks equally.

SOME indy is good, like the Hellboy collection, as long as its released like that, in little collections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see that it matters. The game has no connection to its material anyway. I LIKE playing VS, but it does nothing to make me feel like I'm fighting with Wolverine or whoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David O'Neal
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Weapon wrote:
MasterBlue wrote:

* Sega/Nintendo

* Evil Dead

Ugh. Its MARVEL/DC. Classics. Not a bunch of terrible, B rated "heroes" and characters. Maybe in their own game, but not in VS. And the cartoon Teen Titans suck anyway, even in cartoon form. They have their own CCG, and it sucks equally.

SOME indy is good, like the Hellboy collection, as long as its released like that, in little collections.

B-rated? R U Kidding Me? Maybe one could understand Power Ranger, but still. Sega and Nintendo have a buttload of respective potential VS gold. And besides, the VS system is UNIVERSAL! Maybe for stuff like video games, movies, etc, UDE could do like an altered version of the VS system.

As for "some indy (being) good", specify others beside Hellboy. Cuz I'd love to see Tank Girl plowing her tank through a bunch of sentinels or whatever's in her way. Or maybe Spawn ripping Venom a new one.

And I like the Teen Titans cartoon. And if not for it, I wouldn't be reading the comic and trying to learn about the REAL Teen Titans.

And if you talk smack about Troma, you are either an idiot or don't know what I'm talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I don't see that it matters. The game has no connection to its material anyway. I LIKE playing VS, but it does nothing to make me feel like I'm fighting with Wolverine or whoever.

Yeah I think it makes you feel more like a "controller" or team leader if anything...

ArrOOoo, Reddog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Pugsley
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
There is a Hellboy set out if you're wondering.

And if we get all those. Sonic (comic not games) cards should be added too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hellboy Set
Yeah I picked it up. I love the artwork.

I'm back into VS bcause of the Online Marvel game but I'm trying to get my wife to play too...

ArOOoo, Reddog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David O'Neal
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kool212 wrote:
There is a Hellboy set out if you're wondering.

And if we get all those. Sonic (comic not games) cards should be added too.

I agree that the Sonic comics from Archie would be perfect, but I disagree that the games shouldn't. The games are actually better than the excellence that is the Sonic comic, before a few years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Figuracion

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was also a Teen Titans card game based on the cartoon. I demoed it a few years ago and found it fun but have an on-and-off thing with CCGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterBlue wrote:

And if you talk smack about Troma, you are either an idiot or don't know what I'm talking about.

Wow, I do love comments like this because after all everyone should have the exact same taste as you.

That aside, the Vs was designed to be open to anything and everything. So even if they made a Strawberry Shortcake expansion, you don't have to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Papillion
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
What I would like to see added to VS System is more emphasis on non-combat aspects of the game. When I played Magic, combat and creatures were *a* component of the game. Serious thought had also been given to the non-creature aspects of the game, like control of the turn, deck building, and effects on the game. VS to me, like most other Magic knock-offs, seems overly focused on creatures and combat. I realize the theme is conducive to hero combat, I get that, but a game of Magic can be enjoyed with creatures and combat as almost a side-show, and not just the main feature. For this reason, I was extremely disappointed in VS and quickly retired it. Now, if some of you VS die-hards out there tell me that this has changed, the game has balanced out more, and that VS can now provide a robust, versatile, and non-predictable gaming experience a la Magic, then I would be delighted to buy back in and give VS another try.

I also admit that I was looking to VS as a game to replace Magic, that offered the same great gameplay, deckbuilding, strategy, etc, just without the dark/occult-ish themes. Perhaps my expectations were wrong, and this game is really intended to be nothing more than simple combat with familiar characters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.