Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While waiting for my copy to arrive, I'm reading the rules PDF. I've not played the game before but I've read a lot of game rules.

Where's how to set up?

I was reading along then on page six when it starts talking about the flow of a round and "Connection pile", I realized I had no idea what the initial starting game state was.

I searched the PDF but aside from the solo setup, which just refers to setting up the game "normally".

What am I missing???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're missing the sheet in the box with setup on one side and a rule summary on the other...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Williams
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My game came with a separate sheet entitled 'Setup'. It even has rules that are not in the actual instructions. Voila!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah-ha!

Thanks!

IMHO, while having a quick setup and reference sheet us nice, not including ALL rules needed for the game in the rules book is a mistake.

Still, good to know it'll be clear once the game arrives.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you re: the "complete" coverage in the rules, but I'll tell you it's as basic as can be...

- put out the score board
- put out the pieces/tokens/connection cards, etc.
- everyone picks a faction board
- pick a first player
- shuffle the deck
- deal six cards, keep four
- start the first round.

Rodney Smith did a great job on the official video for the game, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tePeV10twKM .

The Envoy Heralds are doing demos across the country this weekend (we call it a "Splash"). Take a look around and maybe there's a local game store having one that you can go and participate in, too. https://www.facebook.com/dexenvoy/

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Kevin. Great information.

I appreciate the links but I don't learn games well from demos or videos. I'm a textual learner and that's why I focus on the written rules.

I'm sure when my copy arrives it'll be fine. And it's great to know there's lots of support here on BGG.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Berentski wrote:
I agree with you re: the "complete" coverage in the rules, but I'll tell you it's as basic as can be...

[...]
- shuffle the deck
- deal six cards, keep four
[...]

Enjoy!

No, it isn't REALLY basic.
There are contact cards that are NOT shuffled together with the rest.
And "deal 6, keep 4" is a new rule in this edition - replacing basic "draw 4".
But it is a short list anyway and it would fit INSIDE rulebook where it should be. probably replacing all completely unnecessary attempts of "flavourful humour".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Set up says connection cards are put out face down. But you can only buy face up connection cards. So how do connection cards get turned face up and why in the world is this not covered in the Rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
Set up says connection cards are put out face down. But you can only buy face up connection cards. So how do connection cards get turned face up and why in the world is this not covered in the Rules?

Two are placed face up at the beginning of each round. I don't have the rules in front of me, so I'm not sure exactly where it says that in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:

Page 6, right column, DRAFT PHASE LOOKOUT PHASE section, first bullet:
Reveal the top card of each Connection pile.

(Edited to update the section name to the one in the final rulebook PDF.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.