Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
no realy this is blank
badge
HOBBES!
mbmbmbmbmb
So tonight we played all creatures big and small and it is a hit. We also enjoy patchwork. We play roll though the ages the bronze age as a two player and it is okay but more interesting at 3-4. I am hoping to try out burgle bros two player soon. What are other thoughts on two player games?

any thoughte on LE havre inland port?

What about going the other way? If we enjoyed A:ACBAS should we look at regular agricola? What about stone age is it similar. Is ACBAS lighter than Agricola should I be looking a little lighter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We really love Agricola, even with just two players. It's one of our favorite games. I believe Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small is a bit more like Caverna: The Cave Farmers, which is a sequel of sorts to Agricola. So you might want to check that one out as well and see which appeals to you most.

The nice thing about Agricola is it comes with a learning variant built-in, with the family version of the game. This helps you learn how everything works before adding in more complexity with the cards. In that sense, we found Agricola pretty easy to learn.

There are new versions of Agricola being released in the coming months, so while I love my "older version" just fine, you might want to wait for one of the updated editions to come out before picking it up.

Stone Age is also a fun game. Another good worker placement game is Lords of Waterdeep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola is a good deal more complex than ACBAS, but as Alicia said, the "family game" variant eases the entry into the full game. There is much more you can do and you have to grow and feed your family, and then there are the cards, which add a whole new dimension to the game.

As for Le Havre Inland Port, I did not like it as much as the "little Agricola". It's a good game still, but just not as much fun as the other one.

Another great game that works very well for two players is The Castles of Burgundy.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
conan the slayer
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love all creatures big and small and think it is an excellent example of an elegantly designed board game.
I play Agricola on IOS and also play a lot of 2 player Caverna, 3 player is alright, 4 player drags on a bit. I don't really like it with more than 3 players, but I defiantly recommend Caverna with 2 players. Also 7 wonders duelis a popular game in my house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola is a more complex game than All Creatures Big and Small. Even at the intro level (no cards), you have more options for your workers, and you have to feed your family which adds stress. Agricola also takes up a lot more space on your table than All Creatures Big and Small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A:ACBAS & patchwork are definitely 2p games that'll always warrant a spot in my collection. I also played Burgle Bros 2p & found it tense and fun as well

I tried Le Harve: ILP on mobile, and while it's good, I much prefer TMG's Harbour. Both have a similar theme, though the whimsical nature, variable player power & market manipulation of Harbour makes it a better 2p game for me. However depth wise I would rate Harbour between A:ACBAS & Patchwork, while LH: ILP is similar -or slightly above- A:ACBAS.

Other 2p games I would recommend:
- Pergamon (not sure if its still in print)
- Quadropolis
- Imhotep? (Haven't tried it though initial impression seems quite good for 2p)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glockta wrote:
I defiantly recommend Caverna with 2 players.

I wouldn't. I would even argue ACBAS has more replay since it has expansions. 2-player Caverna has the fewest choices and no variability for the game. Agricola has cards and expansions so 2-player is far better due to the sheer amount of replay it has over Caverna. You want 2-player Caverna? That's what Fields of Arle is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.