Subject: Extra Well Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy at Expo and in it, under the boards, was an extra copy of the Well card. It looked like a duplicate, so I ignored it, figuring it was a packing error, but on closer inspection it is actually different on the building cost - one uses a stone and a clay, the other uses a stone and a wood. I'm guessing this means that there was a misprint that was then corrected and included - however I don't know which is the correct one (or is the other one some sort of alternative game mode)? I suspect it's the one that needs the wood, thinking about it logically and looking at the picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FxO ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mad-Halfling wrote:
Got my copy at Expo and in it, under the boards, was an extra copy of the Well card. It looked like a duplicate, so I ignored it, figuring it was a packing error, but on closer inspection it is actually different on the building cost - one uses a stone and a clay, the other uses a stone and a wood. I'm guessing this means that there was a misprint that was then corrected and included - however I don't know which is the correct one (or is the other one some sort of alternative game mode)? I suspect it's the one that needs the wood, thinking about it logically and looking at the picture?
Was the card loose in the plastic bag? Because all the unboxing videos I saw it had a note saying that they found an error on the card (in the deck) and put this one to correct it.

This is the correct one:

edit: grammar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, though I don't think it was in a bag. Anyway, thanks, that's the one and (as I suspected) I now know which one to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FxO ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mad-Halfling wrote:
Yes, though I don't think it was in a bag. Anyway, thanks, that's the one and (as I suspected) I now know which one to use.
No problem! Super excited to get my hands on the game. My copy will arrive soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad-Halfling wrote:
Glad this was resolved for you so quickly. As they say....

All's well that ends well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Fredrichs
United States
Pierre
South Dakota
flag msg tools
just received my new version. mine actually had 2 new well cards (both the same) in bags with a note saying to substitute this card in the deck with the misprinted well card.

Mad-Halfling wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bjärnemalm
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
boochydog wrote:
just received my new version. mine actually had 2 new well cards (both the same) in bags with a note saying to substitute this card in the deck with the misprinted well card.
Just bought the new version, and I also had 2 new well cards in it. But not in bags, and not with any note telling me why they were there. Thanks to this thread I now know to replace the one in the deck (as I suspected).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Paukstadt
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Just to make things completely clear:

There was a print error which we found when we got the first copies of the game. The "Well" card had the wrong costs and because it would have been to much work (and money) to completely replace the cards, we chose to simply add the corrected card to the box. So, in order to play the corrected version, use the "Well" which costs 1 Wood and 3 Stone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soeren_Lookout wrote:

There was a print error which we found when we got the first copies of the game. The "Well" card had the wrong costs and because it would have been to much work (and money) to completely replace the cards, we chose to simply add the corrected card to the box. So, in order to play the corrected version, use the "Well" which costs 1 Wood and 3 Stone!
Thanks for that, always good to have an official clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junaid Ansari
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 5th and 6th player Expansion and the well card in there is showing 1 cost and 3 stone. Is this an error as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jansar1 wrote:
I have the 5th and 6th player Expansion and the well card in there is showing 1 cost and 3 stone. Is this an error as well?
If you meant 1 clay and 3 stone, then the answer is no; re-read page #4 of the rulebook you found inside the expansion's box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soeren_Lookout wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Notice that not all games have a note calrifying this. Also, very small nitpick: if you look closely at the major improvement board you can see the wrong cost in the Well space. Does not really matter much and you need to really be looking for it, but maybe you'll want to take note for a future reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith R
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I debated posting on this old thread, but then I thought maybe folks may find this interesting so I thought why not...
Anyway, I JUST bought Agricola - Revised Edition from the Amazon Black Friday sale (Nov 2019) and this version still came with the incorrect 1 Clay 3 Stone in the pack of cards and the loose 1 Wood 3 Stone card. 3+ years later they still are selling this will the instant card and replacement. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind, I just found it interesting.

No big deal, thanks to the wonder that is BGG I searched and found this thread and I see the issue. But I will note there wasn't any note or documentation, just the loose card. Again, not a big deal, just thought I would post more out of interest (maybe?) to some more than anything.

Can't wait to learn this, this has been on my wish list for a few years and I finally pulled the trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard! Some old tunes to get you in the mood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith R
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
Welcome aboard! Some old tunes to get you in the mood.
Thank you!!! As I said above I've had this in my really want to buy radar for at least a few years. So excited to finally dive into the pool... I'll check out the link

I also checked out your collection. I think I have a lot of catching up to do to you for this game at least 😀
One step at a time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls