Subject: Eldritch Horror + Expansions Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain Mossman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I have the base game plus Forsaken Lore and Signs of Carcosa.

Every time I play with both expansions, I spend ages afterwards putting all the cards back into their respective boxes.

Am I being crazy? Should I just put everything together and leave it together?

The OCD part of me wants to keep everything separate and in it's own box, but is there any point in this?

what do you do? Do you just have everything together or do you separate cards etc after each game?

Aaaaargh! Advice please!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason you can think of that you will play EH without those expansion cards? I think they can stay mixed in. Unless you think you'll ever go back to base only EH? This will answer your question.

MY problem is that I can't make myself throw away the little boxes. My expansion cards are mixed in - but I still have small empty boxes on the shelf!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy everything, mix everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soon I will be where you are, currently I only have the base game and Forsaken Lore, and I am already preparing to make tuck boxes to combine the two but at the end of each game (more likely later that night when every one is gone or next day, lol) I will separate them and then put them back into the boxes.

I actually have done this for Elder Sign & Unseen Forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iainmossman wrote:
Am I being crazy? Should I just put everything together and leave it together?

The OCD part of me wants to keep everything separate and in it's own box, but is there any point in this?

what do you do? Do you just have everything together or do you separate cards etc after each game?

So, answers to your questions, in order:

Yes. Yes.

No.

I mixed everything together. I own also Mountains of Madness and Under the Pyramid (not yet Signs of Carcosa, I'm picking it up this week), which means I can't fit everything in one box. So I put everything that is used in all games inside the Eldritch Horror box and all the Investigators, AOs, Preludes, extra boards, extra clues + gates + special cards related to certain AOs/preludes, Mythos cards, etc... into the Pyramids box. I threw away all the other boxes except for Forgotten Lores, in which I'm housing the Investigator standees, but which is inside the Pyramids box (it's just for organizing).

I just keep everything together because I play with pretty much everything every game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... How do you already have Signs of Carcosa when it's not released yet? Sorry, it's just that your question doesn't sound like one a beta tester would have asked. A bit jealous!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GermanTodd wrote:
Wait... How do you already have Signs of Carcosa when it's not released yet? Sorry, it's just that your question doesn't sound like one a beta tester would have asked. A bit jealous!

It is out as of last Thursday. Check your local game store!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also already discussed: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/197586/eldritch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When was this released? FFG said 3rd quarter, whatever that means, I didn't think it meant June. I subscribe to the EH threads, check Amazon regularly, and never saw it coming. They really need to do a better job of giving actual release dates ahead of time. Just checked, and it's still not available on Amazon, which when you live in the country, is your FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Nicewander
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GermanTodd wrote:
When was this released? FFG said 3rd quarter, whatever that means, I didn't think it meant June. I subscribe to the EH threads, check Amazon regularly, and never saw it coming. They really need to do a better job of giving actual release dates ahead of time. Just checked, and it's still not available on Amazon, which when you live in the country, is your FLGS.

The "Upcoming" section of the FFG website is your best friend in this regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.