Subject: Table space saving solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tee Cee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,
I brought this along to the uk games expo and many people were asking me about it (one person even took a photo).

They were around £8 for 2, from Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
Netherlands
Groningen
Nederland
flag msg tools
One 18xx, please.
badge
Peg Leg Pete
mbmbmbmbmb
Which keywords would one need to use to find this item on Amazon or elsewhere? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tee Cee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
bggboris wrote:
Which keywords would one need to use to find this item on Amazon or elsewhere? whistle

Something like "popamazing card display"

www.amazon.co.uk/Popamazing-Lightweight-collapsible-greeting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ashmore
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Board game geek sells something like this though their store, but I don't know how much shipping outside the U.S. is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max G
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...Or just buy a bigger tablewhistle.

I am lucky in that I have a fairly large gaming table which can accommodate just about any game. I got a piece of superboard and put a mica/gloss finish on which creates a smooth surface for gaming. I actually did this for a smooth flicking surface for "Flick em up" the dexterity game gulp

I tired to make the card accordion but it kept popping out and when I eventually got it to stay inside I realised I actually had more than enough space and it looked better on my table as I could see all the cards.

What I would definitely recommend are those lovely player mats you can download off the file section and laminate and get printed on some 160g thick paper. It helps reduce clutter and allows everyone to organise all their cards and items on or around it. Here is a pic of my setup before the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bashmore53 wrote:
I know Board game geek sells something like this though their store, but I don't know how much shipping outside the U.S. is.
Price: $13.00; shipping $13.50 - roughly £18
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tee Cee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a big enough table - but this was at the UK games expo where you can't exactly control the amount of table space (like a knife fight in a phone booth)!

Another advantage is that the cards sit up, so everyone can see them easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.