Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler McVety
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was watching the Box of Delights play through the other night and he mentioned that there was an Errata published that said you don't add a Zed to any track that already has three zeds in it for the You Gotta Be Kidding! event card. I've since not been able to find this actually published anywhere.. Anyone know if it's accurate or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's so funny, I just posted the same question on the YouTube video. For a second I thought that could be why I'm having a bit of trouble winning, but everything points to a Zed going on every track, period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No. I'm surprised too.
Haven't read a thing about this in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cott
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the start space is 'full', you don't add any more to that track. Is that what you mean?

Basic rulebook, 4.6 Zeds Stacking Limit:
Quote:
Start spaces: If there is no room to place a new Zeds unit or to retreat a Zeds unit into a Start space, place it on any available Start space. If all Start spaces are full, return that Zeds unit to the Zeds cup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Erni
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only possess my original playtest kit -- "You've Got to be Kidding" (and the other "stock" Zed reinforcement cards) read "place a new Zed in the start space of any track possessing one or fewer Zeds". I remember fairly quickly pointing out how players could (rather sleazily) exploit that wording to largely "de-fang" what should be very nasty cards. I was convincing enough that those cards were changed to "always add a new Zed".

Upon seeing Ricky Royals playthru, his "Kidding" comment startled me and I quickly flew off a "What Gives?" e-mail to VPG. I was told that "reverting" to a conditional Zed reinforcement was one of several late changes made to ease the difficulty level. Beyond that inquiry, I know nothing of what exactly became of those cards (I haven't played in the last 5 months, so I didn't really need a definitive answer). Since Ricky Royal was also playing with a playtest kit, it could easily be that VPG thinking evolved (or devolved) further before widespread release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricky's comment about an errata refers to the Beta Kit he's playing with.
The card as it comes with the released version, is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lumpy75 wrote:
If the start space is 'full', you don't add any more to that track. Is that what you mean?

Quote:
Start spaces: If there is no room to place a new Zeds unit or to retreat a Zeds unit into a Start space, place it on any available Start space. If all Start spaces are full, return that Zeds unit to the Zeds cup.

No, it's not about the start space.
Ricky seems to say that you don't add a Zed unit if the TRACK has more than one zed unit already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McVety
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sputang wrote:
That's so funny, I just posted the same question on the YouTube video. For a second I thought that could be why I'm having a bit of trouble winning, but everything points to a Zed going on every track, period.

Feeling the same way, but it turns out the game is just quite difficult which I think I like!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Lumpy75 wrote:

Quote:

Ricky seems to say that you don't add a Zed unit if the TRACK has more than one zed unit already.

That´s correct. The card text can be a bit misleading here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcvetyty wrote:
...the game is just quite difficult which I think I like!
Let´s talk again when you lost your first 10 games in a row. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McVety
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
mcvetyty wrote:
...the game is just quite difficult which I think I like!
Let´s talk again when you lost your first 10 games in a row. devil

surprisesurprisesurprisesurprise

And I'm only on Level II. So far I'm 2-1, although last nights win came down to the very last event card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m on level 2 also. Played around 10, won one, but the current one looks good

Great game, kudos to everyone involved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sims
United States
Bryant
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
So much for Pathos...
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
baylock wrote:
Lumpy75 wrote:

Quote:

That´s correct. The card text can be a bit misleading here.

Sorry, Lines, if I'm pushing this further than it really warrants, but I'm not clear.

Is your interpretation that when the "You've Got to Be Kidding" card comes up, you:

A) add a new Zeds unit to the Start of ALL tracks, unless there is already a certain number of Zeds units on that track? What is that number?

OR

B) You add a new Zeds unit to the track no matter what, following the Zeds stacking rules?

Love your videos, sir. Not just on Zeds, but other games as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra Schlunk
msg tools
Quote:
B) You add a new Zeds unit to the track no matter what, following the Zeds stacking rules?

This is the correct option. It uses the Stacking Rule quoted earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Quote:

The card originally had different text on it. Before publication, we spent some time varying the effects of special Event cards so that they did not always do exactly the same thing.

Happy Zeds Hunting.
Petra (@VPG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cott
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OT, but this is the best titled card I've seen in a long time.

In my first game I read the event text, then read the words I'd just said to myself at the top of the card. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McVety
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lumpy75 wrote:

In my first game I read the event text, then read the words I'd just said to myself at the top of the card. shake

HAHA, same experience here... And before I drew the card for the first time I was thinking "This doesn't seem so difficult..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSims wrote:
Love your videos, sir. Not just on Zeds, but other games as well!

Thanks you, Mike!
Petra joined in and answered the question.
She´s the real authority here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazareth Minnelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lumpy75 wrote:

If my playtesting memory from Ver 2 is correct that card title was inspired by John Carpenter's The Thing remake, that scene when the detached head sprouts spider legs, they turn and Palmer says "You gotta be f-ing kidding!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this appear in the A to Z? That's where I've been looking up rules questions and why I find myself in this thread. This is worrisome as multiple rule books always give me pause.

Lumpy75 wrote:

Quote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Page 10 says :if there is no room on a start space, place the unit on another available start space of your choice.

Page 18 says: if there is no room available in any start space, the Zeds unit is eliminated and returned to the zed's cup (or removed permanently from the game if Super Zeds)

The books are great but I just can't rely on a single one to easily find a piece of information. I tend to use them all.

It should bother me but it doesn't.
I like when things are redundant and explained several times in different ways because if I don't get/find a specific rule one way, I might get/find it in another way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jhonny seven
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am a bit slow so I need a little more clarification on this card and stacking.

let's say when this event triggers (basic game) I have 2 start spaces at stacking capacity (2 zeds each) and 2 empty start spaces. If I understand the rules on stacking would that make the 2 empty spaces now have 2 zeds each?

and the next part that says remove all hit markers, does that mean just the hit markers and not flip any weakened to full health?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.