T Y
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 12 year old son thinks I have enough (too many) board games as it is. He'll play and even sometimes enjoy Eclipse, Evolution, Lords of Waterdeep, Steam Time, and Twilight Struggle, but whenever he catches me looking at board games, he tells me I don't need another game.

Well, when I started looking at Star Wars: Rebellion, he noticeably didn't remind me of my abundance of games.

Today, my order from Miniature Market was waiting on the porch when I got home in the afternoon with my boys. I brought the packing box inside, opened it up, and fished out Star Wars: Rebellion, which I left out. Some of you may find what I did next strange, but instead of opening the game up, I went to the gym. My board game addiction still takes a backseat to my running addiction, and I had to get in a run.

Okay, six miles later, I came home and showered. I got dressed and then saw my older son (the 12 year old), holding the game box.

"This looks cool," he said admiringly.

"I thought you said I have too many games," I pointed out.

"Yeah, but this looks so cool."

"So what you're saying is, I don't have enough cool games?"

He looked sheepish. "I guess so."

So we opened the box, sleeved the cards, punched tokens, etc., and set it up, playing as we read the instruction manual. He wanted to be the Rebels even though I told him that I'd read that it's easier to start as the Empire. We managed to finish one turn before it was his bed time ... but not before he told my wife that the Empire is "insanely powerful."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So when are you going to offer him your hand to rule the galaxy at your side?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've turned him to the dark side...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.