Popular Tags: canada [+] ottawa [+] [View All]
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo

There was Wizard'n'Torres'n'TheGreatMachine'n'Tsuro'n'Zertz'n'lotsandlots of other stuff there was there was there really was!!

Things looked a little light at first but later we had a good crowd.

Tell us what you played, why you won and why you are better than everyone else!!

goo

See you in 14!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Played five games:

Factory Fun - an interesting puzzle / game bringing back systems engineering studies. Need to be in the right mindset (and fuly cognizant of the rules before starting); I was neither.

Torres - I had a huge game of Torres. Early on I invaded Sean and Bill's castles (to the abandonment of my own) and won the game mostly by continuous control of Bill's initial castle - which was the tallest and, for most of the game, the broadest.

Control Nut! - My newest card game, we got rules explanation and one hand in. Combines a lot of elements of a lot of familiar and well-liked games (hand-revealing and cards-with-pip-values like Mu; card passing like Tichu; wild-card play like Wizard).

Colossal Arena - Three player Colossal Arena; Bill was doomed when the Amazon died, leaving a close-ish score between Sean and I; my earlier bids won out for me.

Tichu - Introduced Yannick to the cult in a short (three hands long) Tichu game; in all three hands my partner Steve called, and made, Tichu.

I don't believe ZÈRTZ was played - I believe GIPF was the abstract of choice. I know I saw Memoir '44 getting played. We came close to playing Monkeys on the Moon but our rules-teacher quickly realized he wasn't in a rules-teaching frame of mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Here are the games I played:

TAMSK , twice. This is a fast passed abstract game playing with time and area.

GIPF. Quite a brain burner, but enjoyable. You want to get four of your pieces in a row to capture any of your opponents pieces which are along the same line, while maintaining at least one gipf piece on the board.

Torres. Also a brain burner, but fun.... you don't notice you're burnt until after the game.

Control Nut!. It'd be fun to play an entire game of this. It seems to be a light game from the theme, but it's not.

Colossal Arena. I scored like two points, as Sean so kindly pointed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory McDonald
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played both GIPF and TAMSK (twice) with Bill - he dominated both.

Then Mark annihilated Sean and I (Bill came in a close second) in Torres.

Control Nut was fun - unfortunately I had to leave early and cut the game short, but would definitely like to play a full game.

Five games played - five dead-last finishes - all in all, a very humbling evening of game playing....blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Aiken Drum wrote:

Colossal Arena. I scored like two points, as Sean so kindly pointed out.

Nah; I believe you scored 11. We all had our hidden bid (5) and one first-round bid (4) on a survivor, so I grouped those together and said "these will offset one other". The final score was something like 19 to 17 to 11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I first played a 6-player game of Wizard in which I finished dead last... But I'm glad I know what the game is now. Same for Tichu (was taught to me for the first time.

I did better this week in our 4-player game of Transamerica than I did 2 weeks ago. It's seems to be a matter of placing that initial marker...

I also pulled out one of my new games that I hadn't played before: Dragon's Gold, by Bruno Faidutti. A game in which players have one minute to negotiate and split treasures left behind from dragons the players slay. A bit of psychology mixed in with magic actions, it's a fun, light game in my opinion. Not easy to win, which is a good challenge. Hardball negotiators abstain.

I saw Princes of Florence and Hacienda were not played, and I'd be up for either of them next time. See you in 2 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.