2 Posts

Scythe: Invaders from Afar» Forums » General

Subject: Automa Compatibility rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Idan Rooze
Israel
flag msg tools
I find it nice that some Automa cards have faction specific actions that bring out a little bit of thematic flavor based on the faction you're playing against. I know that the expansion won't contain any new cards, but I was wondering how it would be to play solo against a Togawa/Albion Automa, as currently there are no references to the new factions on any of the Automa cards.

I thought that it could be interesting to find which of the base factions will be the most closely related to the expansion ones (both from a balance and theme perspective), but then I realized that I don't know much about the theme of the new factions. A fix such as "when resolving an Automa card, treat the Polania symbols as Togawa symbols" would be nice.

It is also possible that the fact that both of these factions aren't blocked by river compensate for the lack of specific Automa cards, but I'm no expert in the game so I might be wrong about it.

Morten/Jamey/playtesters - Is the difficulty level playing against the new factions different from playing against the core ones?
Morten/Jamey - Did you consider adding extra Automa cards to fit with the new factions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Idan,
I have been working on the Automa for the Scythe expansion. It will, in fact, have a few new cards (which will replace their matching cards in the Automa deck).

The Automa will get to take advantage of the new faction's special abilities, for a new twist on rounds against the Automa. We are still tweaking the balance, but play against the new factions will be slightly more difficult, but not so much as to call it a different level. Playing as one of the new factions, the game remains equally balanced to the original factions.

To make sure that the Automa doesn't get too much of a head start, it cannot cross into the tunnel hexes until the water restriction is lifted.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it plays for you. I hope you will have quite a bit of fun trying your hand against the Automa.

Cheers, David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.