Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Thanks for your time! Was just wondering if in the following grid I could activate Blood Paint to make 2 separate attacks with the Lion Beast Katars? Since each one adds the speed of the other, would that be 2 separate attacks each with 4 "to hit" rolls? Seems amazingly to get 8 attacks off a single activation.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
mbmbmbmbmb
This should help you out. Essentially no you can't but the faq explains it in better detail.

http://www.kingdomdeath.com/wp/faq/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Joe White said, no you cant(check the faq), besides, isn't always the best thing to make too many wounds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure you gotta have 2x different pairs arranged in a way to fire them both up. Poots mentions that in the FAQ link, I believe - it is a large investment of gear grid to do it up right. (lion beast, beat knuckles), but man you could really chew up a monster that way!

...... Or be a trap magnet.......

(edit) when I say 2x separate pairs, it's only necessary to get the weapon benefits and avoid the duplicate rule. Otherwise, if you used 2x same pairs, then the second set is just a really fast weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
no laws on ceres.... just cops.
badge
what can change the nature of a man?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the tldr version is basically that yes, you can do it, but the second one does not benefit from the special keywords (deadly, paired), so it would only be a 2 speed attack with no frills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
You do get eight attacks (well, maybe 7), but not for the reasons you state. After factoring in the White Lion armor set bonus (+1 speed/+2 damage for katars)...

1st attack: 5/7+/5 with Deadly (paired weapon rule, WL armor set bonus)
2nd attack: either 3/7+/5 or 2/7+/3 depending on whether the WL armor set bonus counts. I'm unclear on this: it depends on if the duplicate loses "katar" as a trait or not.

Eight attack dice in total with strength 5!

It does seem a little OP in my opinion. Personally, I would play it as the second attack does not benefit from the armor set bonus (the duplicate katar is supposed to lose all beneficial traits, so I'd rule "katar" was a benefit in this case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davor
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
You do get eight attacks (well, maybe 7), but not for the reasons you state. After factoring in the White Lion armor set bonus (+1 speed/+2 damage for katars)...

1st attack: 5/7+/5 with Deadly (paired weapon rule, WL armor set bonus)
2nd attack: either 3/7+/5 or 2/7+/3 depending on whether the WL armor set bonus counts. I'm unclear on this: it depends on if the duplicate losses "katar" as a trait or not.

Eight attack dice in total with strength 5!

It does seem a little OP in my opinion. Personally, I would play it as the second attack does not benefit from the armor set bonus (the duplicate katar is supposed to lose all beneficial traits, so I'd rule "katar" was a benefit in this case).

'katar' isn't a weapon's special rule, so it doesn't get lost. It's a gear keyword. (page 46)

The benefit is the armor set's special rule so I would count it.
rulebook page 45 wrote:

A survivor gains the benefits of a weapon's special rules only once

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! So do we agree that 8 attacks are possible due to Drake's reasoning?

5 from first attack from the left katar that uses the paired rule and the armor bonus (first time used).

Then 3 attacks with right katar that does not benefit from the "paired" text but does benefit from the armor bonus (a second time)?

Thx

And yes, he seems like a trap magnet. Maybe need to have a fellow survivor surge inbetween the first and second attacks with the cat's eye circlet to look for traps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Olvenskol wrote:
ack

Holy crap, the white lion armor bonus makes a wound peel three cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think it is +1 speed and +2 strength, not +2 wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to help, quote from the FAQ:
Quote:
How does Blood Paint work with weapons with the "paired" rule?

If a survivor with Blood Paint and 2 Lion Beast Katars (1 on either side) activates Blood Paint, the following happens: The survivor attacks with the first Katar, adding bonuses for paired and deadly, then attacks with the second Katar, but does not add bonuses for paired or deadly because survivors do not gain the special rule benefits of duplicate weapons in their gear grids (p.45, Core Game Book). If you want to go all out, using two different paired weapons (4 cards total) with Blood Paint works just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But would the +1 speed from the Armor bonus count on each attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattonyx wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:
ack

Holy crap, the white lion armor bonus makes a wound peel three cards?

Sorry for any word confusion. Of course I meant +2 strength, not +2 damage (also, technically, "damage" is a term only applied to attacks made by monsters).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benwax123 wrote:
But would the +1 speed from the Armor bonus count on each attack?

Using Katje's logic (which I think the rulebook confirms), the speed bonus and strength bonus would apply to both katar attacks. Very potent! The only drawback to the second attack is it would not gain Deadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Drake. As Gary Gygax said " Fight on!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.