Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Catacombs & Castles» Forums » General

Subject: PICTORIAL OVERVIEW - All the extras and expansions from the previous Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you're interested in getting some extras on your Catacombs & Castles pledge, but don't really know what you're getting

Hows about we actually take a look?

Catacombs: Crypt of Shaurath $28

Catacombs: Chicks in a Catacomb+ Catacombs: Zombie Horde$44

and

Ice Cavern game board $33 (on the right in the photo)

This is actually a photo of everything in Catacombs 3rd

Also for kicks here is what you're getting in the

Catacombs: Cavern of Soloth (third edition)

Six new Heroes

bunch of items

4 new lords

Bunch of new monster

Back of the box

Catacombs (third edition)

SO what do I think? (feel free to skip I've given you all you need)

Catacombs: Crypt of Shaurath Definitely grab it. Its worth it because the heroes are particularly unique and 4 more Cavern Lords including Soloth! that's right you don't get Soloth in the Caverns of Soloth Expansion.
(also last one Vaiel is Awesome she constantly switches characters around)

Catacombs: Chicks in a Catacomb: Well this is tough one I'm not bothered by the Zombies the game really has enough monsters with Soloth Exp. However the heroes here are not just female versions look at them. Estie has a cool Ablity- double move critical, Larra is awesome as her wolf is like a shield that can attack and defend, Squalia has Heal All as an Ablity (not a spell, so can be used once per round vs once per game) and April has 3 fire blast Abilities (not Spells). They are very powerful and different to play with.

With the Zombies its not to bad of a deal for out of print promotional material, its just you can see now you get a lot of wooden discs hence the price.

I wouldn't get the board for the price its not worth it (in my opinion) although I really like it . The way the pillars all take up the centre is really cool.

Catacombs: Cavern of Soloth (third edition): The amount of Content in my opinion is totally worth it for a Catacombs 3rd ed owner

Catacombs (third edition): if you don't own it you should!

Hopefully this helps

Mick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Just to be clear, here's what's actually listed on the Kickstarter:

It doesn't mention the room cards or the Vampire Guard. Could just be an oversight. I'll ask in the comments and report back.

The Vampire Guard, Antient, etc. are all included just like they were in the original KS content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks man,
I was going to post this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kacz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks this is super helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hulk can see ghosts, breathe underwater, and survive a nuclear bomb.
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSE5I0Wp7c
mbmbmbmbmb
You put prices. Is that the "Going rate"? or what we will be paying at the end of the campaign? Sorry. I've been following somewhat as I have been working a ton of night shifts lately but I'm really interested and not sure what level to back at yet... If those are the prices I may have to go at a lower level for now because I want some of those but I can only afford so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinxstar wrote:
You put prices. Is that the "Going rate"? or what we will be paying at the end of the campaign? Sorry. I've been following somewhat as I have been working a ton of night shifts lately but I'm really interested and not sure what level to back at yet... If those are the prices I may have to go at a lower level for now because I want some of those but I can only afford so much.

Yes these are the USD prices

These are the diffrent pledge levels (I'll update later with prices), you can get any of the kickstarter resurrection stuff on pledge maneger after the campaign so make the choice then. But the Cavern of Soloth, Keystone and Catacombs 3rd ed will need to be accounted for in your initial pledge.

Vampire Princess - 1x Catacombs & Castles

Huntress (English) - 1x Catacombs & Castles, 1x Keystones & Keeps (backer exclusive expansion), 1x set of barrier walls

Huntress (German) - 1x Catacombs & Castles (German language), 1x Keystones & Keeps (note: expected to be English language only, with downloadable player aids from Schwerkraft-Verlag) (backer exclusive expansion), 1x set of barrier walls

Watch Commander - 1x Catacombs & Castles, 1x Catacombs Third Edition

Ranger (new) - 1x Catacombs & Castles, 1x Keystones & Keeps (backer exclusive expansion), 1x set of barrier walls, 1x Cavern of Soloth expansion (Catacombs Third Edition required to play)

Wraith Knight - 1x Catacombs & Castles, 1x Keystones & Keeps (backer exclusive expansion), 1x Catacombs Third Edition, 1x Cavern of Soloth expansion, 1x set of barrier walls (included with Catacombs Third Edition)

Queen of Storms (new) - 1x Catacombs & Castles, 1x Keystones & Keeps (backer exclusive expansion), 1x set of barrier walls, Catacombs Kickstarter "Resurrection Packs" 1, 2 & 3 (Catacombs Third Edition required for some of this content)

Matriarch (new) - 1x Catacombs & Castles, 1x Keystones & Keeps (backer exclusive expansion), 1x Catacombs Third Edition, 1x Cavern of Soloth expansion, 1x set of barrier walls (included with Catacombs Third Edition), Catacombs Kickstarter "Resurrection Packs" 1, 2 & 3 This gets you everything we have produced so far for the Catacombs Third Edition product line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Since I already posted this on the other two threads with the picture overview, here's a spreadsheet with all the pledge levels and which rewards you'll get:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/113ojrdfIL7XCK07DP9Fa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome post! Thanks! I agree. The Ice Cavern board is too expensive. I am pledged for Queen of Storms, but will drop down to Huntress near the end of the campaign, so that I can choose just Resurrection packs 1 & 2. The ice cavern board looks cool, but I just can't justify the price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Breese
msg tools
I'm new to Kickstarter, and this will likely be my first pledge.

This "pledge manager" thing, what does that mean?

Could I, for example, do the "Wraith Knight" pledge and then add on Exclusive Pack 2 at the end or something?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cephalopoid wrote:

Could I, for example, do the "Wraith Knight" pledge and then add on Exclusive Pack 2 at the end or something?

Thanks!

Yes that is correct.

About 2 weeks after the campaign they will send you an email asking if you would like to add anything to your pledge. Then you will be able to add packs and also you will be paying shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen W.
Switzerland
Biel
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cephalopoid wrote:

Thanks!

As long as you get at least the Vampire Princess level (lowest pledge level with 59 CAD), you will be able to add the resurrection packs individually. You can either do that, as Mick Whyte stated, after the campaign. Or you can just add the costs of the resurrection packs manually now, supporting the campaign to get more stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be nice if those of us who got the jank misprint of the ice cavern (die cuts are in the wrong places) could get replacements with a proper print, especially since they'd previously implied that a reprint wasn't going to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
malkie13 wrote:
I'd be nice if those of us who got the jank misprint of the ice cavern (die cuts are in the wrong places) could get replacements with a proper print, especially since they'd previously implied that a reprint wasn't going to happen.

You should send an email to ks@elzra.com. You never know, he might be able to work out something now. I think the ice cavern reprint was completely unexpected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jepmn wrote:

You should send an email to ks@elzra.com. You never know, he might be able to work out something now. I think the ice cavern reprint was completely unexpected.

Yeah, I'll def do that, too. I've been (on and off) in touch with one of the folks at elzra for a bit, but they are (understandably) swamped right now and slow to answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
open the heart
mbmbmbmbmb
After seeing this, I would like to up my pledge to include Catacombs 3rd Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Breese
msg tools
I'm the reverse.

I think I talked myself down from pledging $100+ as I don't have Catacombs and have been eyeing it for a while.

The prices for Catacombs and Caverns of S. are not much different than what you'd get on Amazon (and maybe a bit more expensive, according to CamelCamelCamel).

And the add-ons look really cool, but then I did a bad thing.

I compared it to the expansions and the prices of those expansions for a certain CMON game . . . and I just don't see the value. They seem very over priced. Yes, I am comparing wooden disks & stickers with detailed plastic figures . . . but it's still wooden disks vs. detailed plastic figures.

As cool as those expansions are, they seem waaaay overpriced.

That said, I have a once played Caverna to trade for anyone who as a KS version of Catacombs 3rd Ed . . . .

I may pledge, but not more than $59. If I like it and want a "deeper" game, I'll get Catacombs when it is on sale on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
cephalopoid wrote:
I'm the reverse.

I think I talked myself down from pledging $100+ as I don't have Catacombs and have been eyeing it for a while.

The prices for Catacombs and Caverns of S. are not much different than what you'd get on Amazon (and maybe a bit more expensive, according to CamelCamelCamel).

And the add-ons look really cool, but then I did a bad thing.

I compared it to the expansions and the prices of those expansions for a certain CMON game . . . and I just don't see the value. They seem very over priced. Yes, I am comparing wooden disks & stickers with detailed plastic figures . . . but it's still wooden disks vs. detailed plastic figures.

As cool as those expansions are, they seem waaaay overpriced.

That said, I have a once played Caverna to trade for anyone who as a KS version of Catacombs 3rd Ed . . . .

I may pledge, but not more than $59. If I like it and want a "deeper" game, I'll get Catacombs when it is on sale on Amazon.

One thing that affects the game is that Elzra didn't just get the cheapest wood possible. Probably partly from conscience and partly from the original Catacombs having a massive problem with actual mold on the cheap wood they got from China. Here's the bit from the last Kickstarter:

Quote:
We are also trying to be more environmentally responsible. The FSC, or the Forest Stewardship Council, is an international organization that strives to improve forest management on a global scale. This can mean protecting biodiversity, areas of environmental sensitivity and worker's rights among other things. Although we can't be 100% FSC compliant, we will be striving to get as close as possible.

Now, I'm assuming the same is true for this one but I can't say 100%.

Also, consider that CMON pumps out KS after KS, and they typically have thousands more backers than Elzra does, with tons of addons to drive the per-backer haul way up. It's definitely a mass production price break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Breese
msg tools
All good points, but the chicks & zombies pack is almost expensive as the base game. How does that factor???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
cephalopoid wrote:
All good points, but the chicks & zombies pack is almost expensive as the base game. How does that factor???

Small print run.

Same with the ice cavern board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cephalopoid wrote:

They have a sticker sheet. That sticker sheet needs to be cut, so a custom tool needs to be created. That alone costs a high 3-digit number divided among what, 170 backers right now? Add to that costs of components and added complexity for organizing how much of what is produced, shipped to the different fullfillment centers, which backers get which addons…
But even if they could produce it for next to nothing and sell it cheaper than in the original campaign, doing so would diminish the trust of current backers that they're getting a good price, lowering the total funds collected.

So yes, even though the price/component-mass is much worse than for the base game, they have to sell it at this price. You however don't have to buy it at this price if you think it is too high; just get Base and Soloth you'll have more than enough content, and if not, Wyverns is announced for later this year and should be a 'reasonable' price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Breese
msg tools
Well, I backed it at $59. If I get my 2014 (!) tax return, finally, I may spring for the packs, then wait and buy Catacombs at a later date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
open the heart
mbmbmbmbmb
As a light gamer (short times 30 min max) with other non-gamers.
Would the characters from Catacombs 3rd Ed. help to improve C&C games?

Also, does anyone agree a Subbuteo-style fantasy football game would work in the future of this company?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Jiryfoe wrote:
Would the characters from Catacombs 3rd Ed. help to improve C&C games?

Not sure it's worth buying 3rd Ed if you think you're only going to use it's pieces in C&C only. Maybe buy the Crypt of Shaurath addon if you just have to have a bit extra. It's the cheapest but you get three heroes and four catacomb lords (and some other stuff).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
open the heart
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jason.

I think Chicks in a Catacomb is my favourite, but access to it requires backing the Catacombs 3rd edition as a minimum.

They have really awesome powers and look soooooo good. Plus I have two daughters who would love them.

I have to say "Surlafeure" kiss is my favourite from Cavern of Soloth but the rest of the characters I don't care for aesthetically.
She's so pretty, with gold ornaments and the rear pose and blood on her hands and face. Wow. So well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen W.
Switzerland
Biel
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jiryfoe wrote:
Thanks, Jason.

I think Chicks in a Catacomb is my favourite, but access to it requires backing the Catacombs 3rd edition as a minimum.

No, you can actually get the Resurrection Pack 1 (including Chicks in a Catacomb and Zombie Horde) at any plege level, except for the 1$ Wolf Spirit pledge. So you could - for example - just pledge for the Vampire princess level (59$ CAD) and just manually add 56$ CAD for the Resurrection Pack 1. You can either add that 56$ CAD manually now to support the campaign and unlock more stretch-goals, or you can add that later, after the campaign in the upcoming pledge manager.

PS: This is also true for the other two Resurrection Packs and (probably, but not finally confirmed yet) the Expansion Caverns of Soloth. You can all add them manually/ in the upcoming pledge manager to your pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.