France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zane's Crash Potato reads:
Quote:
… Or exchange this with a Crash Gem in any player's discard pile

Now, the iOS version puts the Crash Gem in the hand, where I would have expected that the Crash Gem goes instead in the zone of played chips that Crash Potato was in.

Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
mbmbmbmbmb
The guide on Fantasystrike.com says "You can exchange it with a Crash Gem in your own discard pile." which wouldn't be very useful if the crash gem were discarded again when you received it. So, I'd say it goes in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
"Exchange" is to be taken literally.
The Crash Potato goes where the Crash Gem was (in the player's discard pile) and the Crash Gem goes where the Crash Potato was (in your hand).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to take the instructions literally, but when you play a chip, it leaves your hand: from the rules:
Quote:
To play an Action chip, put it face up on the table and do whatever it says.
Maybe the idea is that the Crash Gem indeed goes to the table (literal interpretation) but is useable anyway from there if you have the correct arrow? This is different from what the iOS app shows, though, where the Crash Gem goes into the hand…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, the intention doesn't appear to line up with a strict reading of the rules.

I'm fairly certain that the iOS app implementation (and web app implementation and the Steam implementation and wherever else the multi-platform app thing went) is the way the designer intended the chip to be played. Both because he worked together with the app devs really close from the start, and because that's the way the chip makes the most sense, balance-wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.