Millennium Blades» Forums » General

Subject: Fan Made Millennium Blades Sets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quinn W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attention Bladers:

I thought it would be a good idea to have a compendium of fan made Millennium Blades sets! Anyone can post sets that they made along with a set description.

The forum on making cards is here.

In the form below feel free to post works-in-progress and outlines of sets that you have in mind. The completed sets will be displayed in this post.

Below are all of the completed sets, arranged by User (alphabetic) then set (by rarity):

AttentionDuelists:

Pikmin
Min at arms this is your time! Bulk up on an army of +1 Tokens!

7 Pixel Sins-Expansion
Do you remember your old heroes in the age of pixels? Perhaps you should rethink your nostalgia! These character have a dark side, and they're ready to take cards from another player's tableau!

Waifu Wars Ladies and Waifu Wars Suitors-Premium
These sets have special rules. They must both be added to the store deck. The Waifu Wars 2nd Gen set is placed outside of the game.

These sets allow you to grab these gold promos in the middle of a tournament and add them to your hand. Each single is different, so you don't need to worry about duplicates. Fall in love with Waifu Wars as they fall in love and reinforce your hand!

21 Pixel Salute-Master
Time to give your deck the salute it deserves! For fans of games where a team is the key to victory, this is the set you need! Like any good team, this set is versatile and ready for a challenge!

Aperture Science-Master
Those of you who volunteered to be injected with mantis DNA, I have some bad news, it's been cancelled. But, we've got a much better test for you. Fighting an army of Mantis Men. Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line; you'll know when the test starts.

Waifu Wars 2nd Gen-Gold Promo
The second generation has arrived! Use with the other Waifu Wars sets for a unique mid-tournament, card-garnering mechanic or use them as a gold promo set! These heroes may be young, but they're ready to bolster your tableau with a range of scoring opportunities.

kryzen13

Assembly Required-Expansion
Build, build, build! Use your imagination to build your tableau's +1 Star Tokens to great effects!

Back Pack Monsters-Expansion
Master these powerful top effects to become the very best! But be careful, they can only be used so much...

Dungeons & Dice-Expansion
Take the initiative with these powerful Play and Action effects! there's no time to waste if you want to find RP!

Fantasy Films-Expansion
These family friendly film characters will reward you for focusing on a particular Star value!

Interplanetary Fastball League-Expansion
These solo-series superstars know how to play as a team, using their pass abilities to throw +1 Star Tokens around!

Animation Station-Premium
Only so many shows can stay on the air; which will you flip and which will stay face-up and running? You decide!

GIG: Guys in Green-Premium
Aliens have crash landed and their Score effects are out of this world!

Free 4 All-Premium
Join the brawl! In this multiplayer free-for-all, many will clash, but not all will win RP!

Kung Fur-Premium
The beasts of martial arts face many clashes which they can only end with their lethality reactions!

Blast From the Past-Master
These cards, uh, find a way to reward you for having high Star singles!

The Fox with the Box-Master
See tableau match! Score big points if ou plan to match your types and elements!

Raid Night-Master
These big baddies can score huge amounts of RP--that is, of course, if they can survive their Raid abilities...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Waifu Wars Ladies and Waifu Wars Suitors

These sets have special rules. They must both be added to the store deck. The Waifu Wars 2nd Gen set is placed outside of the game.

These sets allow you to grab these gold promos in the middle of a tournament and add them to your hand. Each single is different, so you don't need to worry about duplicates. Fall in love with Waifu Wars as they fall in love and reinforce your hand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2. Waifu Wars 2nd Gen

The second generation has arrived! Use with the other Waifu Wars sets for a unique mid-tournament, card-garnering mechanic or use them as a gold promo set! These heroes may be young, but they're ready to bolster your tableau with a range of scoring opportunities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3. 7 Pixel Sins

Do you remember your old heroes in the age of pixels? Perhaps you should rethink your nostalgia! These character have a dark side, and they're ready to take cards from another player's tableau!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4. 21 Pixel Salute

Time to give your deck the salute it deserves! For fans of games where a team is the key to victory, this is the set you need! Like any good team, this set is versatile and ready for a challenge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Silvestri
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fun stuff! Here's the sets I've made so far:

kryzen13 wrote:
Hey everyone! I've just finished a fan expansion for the game. I've been working at it for a little bit, but I'm not an artist or graphical designer so apologies for some of the visual elements.

However, this is a full fan expansion for our favorite game! What's it include?

3 Characters!
*Johnny Vunderbilt: An engineer who's constantly testing decks, trying to create something greater than the whole of its parts. Focuses on deckboxes and flexibility.

*Spike Fortuna: A descendant of one of the Ancient Druid Kings, awoken again to carve his legacy! Spike focuses on getting in the lead and staying in the lead, where a Druid King belongs.

*"Tiny" Timmy Trumbull: A kid with a knack for winning duels. Timmy doesn't care whether he wins or loses; he just wants to have fun! He focuses on playing big cards.

12 new sets!

New Module -- Dynamic Metagames!
Instead of playing with the normal type and element metagames, you can shuffle this stack of metas together and divide it into two piles, then play as normal. It adds a wide variety of alternate metagames, caring about Keywords, Rarities, Star Values, and so on!

The sets:

Link to PDF downloads:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nnfh8pvxri96ked/AADie50p58okAKTsh...

Looking forward to printing and playing with some of your sets, and to what else gets posted here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a set but I have a card.

Name: Win The Overpowered
Star: 10
Attribute: Dark
Type: Animal

Effect: If this is the sixth card played on your Tableau and if all opponents cards are face down gain 100RP

Flavor Text: "I don't have to follow rules I got this guy!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5. Dungeon Crawl

Equip your gear and refill your potion bottles because this set is going to be tedious! That's right it is all about low-level repetitive cards. They'll make playing seem like work! But maybe all of that grinding will be worth it some day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon Quest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool idea! I linked to this in the 4th post of the Rules FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Mackinder
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ever since seeing kryzen13's hotlinked submissions from Level99's website, I've been brainstorming some of my own ideas. I don't have the computer usage to mock these up into real cards, and I definitely don't have the artistic ability to back it up besides, but here are some of my fledgling ideas (they don't even have abilities or stats, that's how fledgling they are.)

-Relic Hunters (booster pack title stylized after Indiana Jones, also interchangeable with Tomb, Finder, etc) *Set could have effects based on your opponent's Face down cards (i.e. finding relics)
--Indiana Jones
--Lara Croft
--Nathan Drake
--Benjamin Gates (National Treasure)
--Ancient Temple (couldn't find a fifth relic hunter, name can be synonymed out)
--Trusty Satchel (deck box)

**The above are just references, obviously they would all be changed for tongue-in-cheek flavor matching Millennium Blades

-TV Cop parody set (stylized like CSI/Law and Order)
--Horatio Caine(CSI Miami)
--Mac Taylor (CSI NY)
--Dr. Spencer Reed (Criminal Minds)
--(Train of thought ended here)
--
--(deck box)

-Fast Food Free for all (not sure how to stylize it. The golden arches are too easy, but they are also the most recognizable)
--Ronald Mcdonald
--The King (Burger King)
--Colonel sanders
--Taco Bell Dog (not sure his name, but seemed like a good contrast to all the human characters)
--Wendy's Mascot (Uh... Wendy? Not sure her name)
--Supersize Me! (Deckbox stylized like a Fast Food Meal?)

**Not Sure what effects to give to these guys, again this is very preliminary.

-Contract (Or other assassin/hitman themed reference. Not sure how to stylize this one)
--Altair (Or generic assassin from the assassin's creed franchise)
--Agent 47 (Hitman)
--Dogg the Bounty Hunter
--(train of thought ends here)
--
--(Deck Box)

*This might be a false lead since I can only as of yet think of the two assassins/hitmen and don't want to resort to anything already represented either in the MB core set, promo sets, or fan made

-Store Front Modifiers (I thought of these the other day as a gameplay modifier and got about halfway through (the arena mods number 10) These would modify the deck building phase and how shops work. I'll post my ideas to get started.)
--Tournament Buyer (Players receive same packs from store deck, but there are no packs available for purchase. To compensate, extra cards are added to the aftermarket from the store deck.)
--Big Box Store (Packs are more costly, there is no aftermarket. Not sure what the upside is here. Maybe "bundle packs" somehow?)
--LGS (No ideas for this one, but can't leave a "normal one" since the arena deck didn't have a "normal one")
--Internet Buyer (Cards purchased aren't received until the next round of deck building (I.e. packs purchased in the first 7 minutes are received when the timer expires.) As such the store is not available in the last 6 mins.)
--Kitchen Table Group (Something to do with slightly increased packs recieved from the store but no store or aftermarket?)
--(end train of thought)
--
--
--
--

Anyways, these are my ideas, I will attempt to better flesh these out as my brain begins to catch up to itself.

+Edit 6/11 - Added a card to Bounty Pack, added shop Modifiers)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Silvestri
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Syrix_001 wrote:

-Relic Hunters (booster pack title stylized after Indiana Jones, also interchangeable with Tomb, Finder, etc) *Set could have effects based on your opponent's Face down cards (i.e. finding relics)
--Indiana Jones
--Lara Croft
--Nathan Drake
--Benjamin Gates (National Treasure)
--Ancient Temple (couldn't find a fifth relic hunter, name can be synonymed out)
--Trusty Satchel (deck box)

-TV Cop parody set (stylized like CSI/Law and Order)
--Horatio Caine(CSI Miami)
--Mac Taylor (CSI NY)
--Dr. Spencer Reed (Criminal Minds)
--(Train of thought ended here)
--
--(deck box)

-Fast Food Free for all (not sure how to stylize it. The golden arches are too easy, but they are also the most recognizable)
--Ronald Mcdonald
--The King (Burger King)
--Colonel sanders
--Taco Bell Dog (not sure his name, but seemed like a good contrast to all the human characters)
--Wendy's Mascot (Uh... Wendy? Not sure her name)
--Supersize Me! (Deckbox stylized like a Fast Food Meal?)

**Not Sure what effects to give to these guys, again this is very preliminary.

-Contract (Or other assassin/hitman themed reference. Not sure how to stylize this one)
--Altair (Or generic assassin from the assassin's creed franchise)
--Agent 47 (Hitman)
--(train of thought ends here)
--
--
--(Deck Box)

*This might be a false lead since I can only as of yet think of the two assassins/hitmen and don't want to resort to anything already represented either in the MB core set, promo sets, or fan made

Anyways, these are my ideas, I will attempt to better flesh these out as my brain begins to catch up to itself.

Some really fun thoughts here! I was working on a real similar set for the treasure hunters, too, down to most of the same references-- that's always a reassuring thought to me!

For the TV Police maybe you could finish fleshing it out with a Mentalist/Psych type, or a Jump Street Reference, maybe Brooklyn 99 or something. Maybe a coroner? There's always a weird coroner in those shows (that's about the extent of my knowledge there).

Hopefully you get a chance to post some ideas/abilities and stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
These are sooo awesome! Any ideas on how to print these to get them onto he table??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aperture Science

Those of you who volunteered to be injected with mantis DNA, I have some bad news, it's been cancelled. But, we've got a much better test for you. Fighting an army of Mantis Men. Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line; you'll know when the test starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agoobwa wrote:
These are sooo awesome! Any ideas on how to print these to get them onto [t]he table??

Sorry, I have no ideas on that.

Pikmin

Min at arms this is your time! Bulk up on an army of +1 Tokens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.