Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just upload the Triumph of Chaos errata v1.5 March 2007.

I do not anticipate any further errata, given that ToC has now been played at 4 WBC/WAM tourneys, was the most downloaded Cyberboard module in 2006 and is played fairly extensively on Vassal; my point being, I believe that you can "stick a fork in it" - it's done.

At the last ToC tourney, games frequently came down to the last die roll - so I believe that it is balanced (both the 1918 scenario which takes 2-3 hours and the longer campaign game).

Thank you to all the ToC players that made suggestions and contributed to helping the game become a better game. Sort of the nature of the Card Driven Wargames. There is NO way any amount of playtesting (and I was lucky enough to have some of the best of the business - like Vinny F. from dear ole classic Avalon Hills days)is going to uncover the play experience of the first few thousand players - given the unlimited range of interaction between the cards, rules, counters (and factions and political game in this case).

I've seen the other CDW designers capitalize on that extensive base of play experience and incorporate it into there games via errata. And, I thought I'd take the same approach. Anyways...

Next up on the ToC agenda is the ToC Comrades (players) Guide - which should be published in a couple of months (thank you for the strong preorder demand). After that, I may tackle a multi player version of ToC. Finally, I hope to get a ToC module on ACTS this summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So many CDGs to get, this is on my wishlist as well...

Multiplayer ToC sounds *very* interesting. What is in the comrade's guide, BTW? Similar to like a PoG players guide, I assume? Any new counters or cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
80 pages....1/2 countersheet of 5/8' in counters. Strategy articles, variants, historical articles, review of RCW games, playaids, etc

http://www.clashofarms.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.