Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Siddons-Smith
United Kingdom
derby
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you use the necron warlords ability do you still pay for the unit or is it free?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Volpe
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anrakyr's card text:
Deploy Action: Deploy the topmost unit card in a target discard pile. (Limit once per phase.)

If it says "deploy" then you pay the cost.

It would say "put into play" if it were free.

Page 23 of Rules Refrence Guide

To deploy a card, a player transfers a number of resources equal to the card’s cost from his resource pool to the token bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fax Gerat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I play neutral units with this ability? Or only Factions I can enslave through my enslavement dial?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maerlyn wrote:
May I play neutral units with this ability? Or only Factions I can enslave through my enslavement dial?

You can play neutrals. A really nasty Anrakyr first turn play is discarding a neutral unit to one of his "discard then draw" cards or abilities, and then immediately playing it out of the discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fax Gerat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx a lot, thats exactly what I did (and my Girlfriend wasnt too happy about it).

Am I correct in assuming that you cannot use the traveller to mobilize a Tyranid unit from your opponents graveyard because you cannot enslave Nids?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maerlyn wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that you cannot use the traveller to mobilize a Tyranid unit from your opponents graveyard because you cannot enslave Nids?

You are correct. Tyranids are typically a decent counter to Necrons, assuming the Necrons are playing a build that relies on enslavement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.