Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert P
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I"m very excited for this upcoming expansion for Xia! I purchased the base game over a year ago and absolutely love it. I was too late to back it on kickstarted and missed out on the original Sellsword.

So now that Embers of a Forsaken Star is currently running, I'm wondering what the benefits are of choosing the "Embers + Sellsword V2" over just backing for the "Embers" expansion?

What is contained in the Sellsword V2 package? I see there will be model for the Sellsword ship itself (which I understand is an NPC). What are the cards that come with the Sellsword? Is it just the card that explains the NPC's movement? or will there be additional Mission cards and/or Event or Title cards?

Thanks,
Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biz Burcham
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
Windows found a virus. It's a Pandemic.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one card comes with the Sellsword add-on. It details the Sellsword ability much like the Merchant or Enforcer cards did in the base game.
The new event, title, and mission cards can be had in the base "Embers" expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another thread with some discussion about the Sellsword:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1587126/few-questions

And another:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/22831523#22831523

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
1/2 the price of the expansion for a single ship that seems quite important to the game? Grrr....

I went for it, but I am not completely happy about only getting a ship and card for that $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
1/2 the price of the expansion for a single ship that seems quite important to the game? Grrr....

I went for it, but I am not completely happy about only getting a ship and card for that $20.

How many places are you planning on posting about this? It's actually not that important to the game. Many backers of the original KS claim that they don't ever use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

How many places are you planning on posting about this? It's actually not that important to the game. Many backers of the original KS claim that they don't ever use it.

I replied in one thread, then found another talking explicitly about it, but I suppose I could post on several more if you wanted more to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.