Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leigh Hathaway
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Based on previous CMON Kickstarters do you think that early next year we will receive everything? (Base game + Stretch goals + KS Exclusives)

Or is it more likely that we'll see the base game in April and all the add-ons trickling through up to a year later?

Thanks,

Leigh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
They said that they added extra time to their estimate this time to (attempt) to have everything ready to go in one shipment by April.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on my experience with CMon:

base game: May / June (depending on where you live)

KS extras (I assume there will be Guest Boxes as in other KS and also extra expansions and component-boxes (dice, marker etc.), extra floor-plans: Oct / Nov of the same year

My premisses are: A lot of backers with a 5+ mill. backing goal. They have close to 7.300 backers right now which could mean: 7300 different packages packed.

As with Z:BP the KS-backers are still waiting on their stuff since they had the packages packed individually due to the various choices one could pick from which led to a delay compared to the store-versions of the game and the expansion(s).

I assume the same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it will start shipping in April; some people will get it then and others will see it in May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IF the EU ship does not sink ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
July. But I'd be happy to be overly cynical at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:

At least you know you'll still be IN the EU by then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
Telrak wrote:

Please do not get me started about this dumb referendum... My sympathy to you and all the British.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
Telrak wrote:

So will we - even if there is an out vote it will take 2 years to sort out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2017 - May/June

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
hath22 wrote:
Hey guys,

Based on previous CMON Kickstarters do you think that early next year we will receive everything? (Base game + Stretch goals + KS Exclusives)

Or is it more likely that we'll see the base game in April and all the add-ons trickling through up to a year later?

Thanks,

Leigh

Bottom line short answer; Who knows?

However, some things are being done differently this time around, so it appears that CMoN is in fact learning from their previous history.

As others have mentioned, CMoN has gone on record as saying that they are wanting to improve their accuracy with predicting production and especially delivery times. Anyone can "Say" that they are trying to improve in the face of heavy criticism, however I feel that the points below suggest that they are in fact adapting.

- Single pledge type (Not counting EB)

- Per above, no expansion (announced so far anyway)

- Padded timeline (that may avoid the pit-falls of Chinese New year)

- An estimated delivery date that comes AFTER Christmas, so they can save some cash on sending out two separate shipments.

What am I missing here?

Seems like cash and processing time are being much more carefully manged this time around. This could translate into more accurate delivery predictions. Regardless, I'm not expecting any particular date, but I can appreciate that CMoN appears to be responding to some practical concerns of Backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.