Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin A
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what was the game at UKGE that for you 'got away' that you went there with a fever to purchase but could not find for love or money new or used?

Or saw in the arms of another, from afar, and stared at wistfully with a tear in your eye?

For me it was Abyss, played it for the first time curtsey of the Thirsty Meeple library and it left me running around for the rest of the show desperately seeking it.

Sigh (oh, will it never be mine, will my love ever go unfulfilled)

BTW if you are out there Abyss and you ever see this, call me, its not too late!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barr
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Millennium Blades promo packs and the Felicia Day Dead of Winter promo At UKGE I was also looking for any copies of Grand Austria Hotel but couldn't find any to impulse buy and now I can't justify it.

They have Abyss in the Loading Bar in Dalston if you just want to play it again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was keen to look at Guilds of London. Tried to get a demo on Friday and was disappointed not to see more tables devoted to it (it was always occupied when I walked past). When I went back on Saturday they had sold out.

Given the limited stock I can understand why they weren't pushing it harder (they obviously knew they'd sell out anyway) but it was disappointing all the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin A
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheKeyLosers wrote:
Millennium Blades promo packs and the Felicia Day Dead of Winter promo At UKGE I was also looking for any copies of Grand Austria Hotel but couldn't find any to impulse buy and now I can't justify it.

They have Abyss in the Loading Bar in Dalston if you just want to play it again

A friend of mine bought GAH at UKGE on Sunday morning together with something else that escapes me at stall that was packing up, he got both combined for £ 50.00!

I MUST own Abyss, I can not share her with others!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:
I was keen to look at Guilds of London. Tried to get a demo on Friday and was disappointed not to see more tables devoted to it (it was always occupied when I walked past). When I went back on Saturday they had sold out.

Given the limited stock I can understand why they weren't pushing it harder (they obviously knew they'd sell out anyway) but it was disappointing all the same.

It looks like it will be the same issue for Guilds of London at Origins as TMG have only a small number of express freighted copies to sell there also. I've not been happier with a "not played it before buying it" purchase for a very long time, possibly way back to The Castles of Burgundy.

Thoroughly recommended when it gets properly into retail!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my hand on PitchCar early Friday afternoon but failed to purchase because I didn't want to be lugging it around.

Never saw it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma England
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it was Bucket of Doom and Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
River Song
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I love my cats!
badge
Spoilers!
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw someone leaving the Bring and Buy with Tuscany: Expand the World of Viticulture cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:

Yep, I was sorry not to try this too. Amazingly, a spot for a game finally opened on the Sunday and I asked for a demo, only to be told that it wasn't for one player and I've had to wait for someone else (I was surprised that they wouldn't be the other player for a game!). Anyway, I hung around for twenty minutes having a nice chat with them but eventually gave up waiting.

Other than that, I was keen to buy a copy of Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small, thinking it might be something relatively simple and non-confrontational that I might get my girlfriend to enjoy. Meeple's Corner had one copy that they'd sold by the time I asked, no one else had any copies at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United Kingdom
Worcester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of friends I was with were searching for the Abyss: Kraken expansion, but there seemed to be a total lack of Abyss anywhere at the weekend.

For me, it was Imhotep - I went wanting to try it before I bought a copy, but didn't discover where the game was being demoed until late on the Sunday, by which time it was 100% sold out (including the two demo copies!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
massimo zeppetelli
United Kingdom
London
Hackney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry We'll be getting more in stock in the next few weeks if you keep an eye on Amazon, Rules of Play, Firebox etc. We didn't have any to sell except there being one at the Bring & Buy that someone found!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.