Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyle Rhodebeck
United States
Galena
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the game last night and enjoyed it! We do have a few questions, mostly about the money in the game.

1. On characters where there is a $ reward at the bottom of the card, does the player receive the money only when all of the character's works are completed? Or do you receive a $ reward after completing each project/work on the card. The English rules have some contradictions on this, but we played that you only received the $ reward on a character if you finished all of his projects/works.

2. Money seems really tight in the game. The only ways we found to get money were to complete all of one character's works (see above question), $5 when the "age" changed, selling a material for $1, using the paradigm chip and the starting money. We ran out of money sometime in the early stages of the 3rd age. Winning score was in the 50 point range. Did we miss anything?

That's it...just those two questions. Again, a very unique and enjoyable game!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio D
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I'm glad you enjoyed it

Answering your questions:

1. You played it right. You only receive the extra reward when you finish all the character's works. Please note that this is an extra reward for completing all the works of a multitalented characters (see next answer).

2. I think you do. You also earn money when completing any character work. Take a look to the rules at page 4:

Quote:
2) Add the Artistic Prestige Points to your score and take the amount of coins indicated on the card of the figure whose work of art you have just completed.

This means that whenever you finish a work you take as many coins as points you get. For example if you finish Leonardo's painting you get 10 points and 10 coins*.

* Remember that if a character gets anachronic it would only give half the points and thus half the money rounding down (page 7).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Rhodebeck
United States
Galena
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answer...now I understand. We were actually only giving the points for completing a work...the only money was the "coin" looking item at the bottom of the card. But if I ready your answer in the right way, you are saying that the "number" at the top of a character card, next to the requirements for the puzzle, pay the owner in both points AND money (halved if it isn't in the right age). Is that correct?

If so, that would have changed our game significantly...we would have had more money. And I assume the "bonus" for completing all of a character's works (which is shown at the bottom) is paid out in both points and $.

If this is correct, I think we're all set. The rules just aren't as clear as they could be.

Thanks so much for your response!!!

gamesgalore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio D
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesgalore wrote:
Thank you for the answer...now I understand. We were actually only giving the points for completing a work...the only money was the "coin" looking item at the bottom of the card. But if I ready your answer in the right way, you are saying that the "number" at the top of a character card, next to the requirements for the puzzle, pay the owner in both points AND money (halved if it isn't in the right age). Is that correct?

If so, that would have changed our game significantly...we would have had more money. And I assume the "bonus" for completing all of a character's works (which is shown at the bottom) is paid out in both points and $.

If this is correct, I think we're all set. The rules just aren't as clear as they could be.

Thanks so much for your response!!!

gamesgalore

Yes, you get as many points and money after completing a work as the number next to the work you have just completed. Also if you have completed all the works of a multitalented character you get the extra coins and points that are on the icon at the bottom of the card.

After reading that part of the rules I agree with you that it is not very clear. I will ask for a revision and a re-uploading

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.