United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Options in the UK are very rare without paying huge amounts for your games (I mean big money). You should look to Europe (Ludo Fact), or China (Wingo, or Panda - US based, but manufacture in China). Most of these folks will no produce a photo without deposit for the full job, that said, it's pretty normal for your photo games to be 'unfinished' or printed differently. TheGameCrafter in the US is a good place to get one off's done - or cobble them together yourself.

Rarely is a play test set 'fully finished'. Maybe get the board art printed on high quality paper and mount it yourself to board etc.

Shep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domitilla D'Amico
Italy
Ferentino (FR)
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marmaladeed wrote:
print prototypes at an affordable level

ask a little printing facility: they could print pretty everything.
or ask to me, we will print prototypes in Italy then send them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fornacigiorgi wrote:
marmaladeed wrote:
print prototypes at an affordable level

ask a little printing facility: they could print pretty everything.
or ask to me, we will print prototypes in Italy then send them.

I may be in touch for a proto myself soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
If somebody managed to open up a business similar to The Game Crafter (web tools to design boards and cards, order pieces) they'd have it made. European shipping would be far lower, and people often want to print one or two prototypes initially

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Haigh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys http://www.ivorygraphics.co.uk/ were at the UK games expo, handing out flyers etc.

Looks like mainly custom cards - I haven't investigated them at all, but thought it could be of interest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flibertygibbet wrote:
Looks like mainly custom cards - I haven't investigated them at all, but thought it could be of interest

I worry a little when there isn't an instant cost calculator, but "get a quote" instead. Seems they're for larger runs, so worth a look if you're ready to publish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, i use www.doxdirect.com for all my prototyping. They are cheap as hell. Just upload your designs and they print them for you. Just be sure to change the paper gsm to the highest which is card then cut everything out. They print in full colour a4, a3, a2. Also there website has a calculator which tells you how much everthing will cost. Just put in how many sheets, paper size, gsm, colour or b/w. Great website, check it out. Only bummer is cutting everything out.

Everything you see here was done using just Microsoft Publisher and doxdirect.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Hendrix
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
gnurf wrote:
flibertygibbet wrote:

I worry a little when there isn't an instant cost calculator, but "get a quote" instead. Seems they're for larger runs, so worth a look if you're ready to publish.

Ivory has been a 'large runs' card printer for years, and from their website it appears like they are still just that.

But! Very recently they've started their own Game Maker service (read: TheGameCrafter clone). Seems to be still in beta. They were handing out flyers about it at the UKGE. It's in the UK, so postage should be fairly quick and cheap, but don't expect bargains otherwise.

A poker-size deck is £5 for the first 20 card, then £0.10 per card.

https://gamemaker.ivory.co.uk/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That might be perfect for pure card games then. Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Hendrix
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
gnurf wrote:
That might be perfect for pure card games then. Cheers

They also do a few basic boards and boxes at the moment. Hopefully their product range will expand to rival TheGameCrafter's (tiles, mats, chits, square/hex shapes, etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, good to see more of that sort. I basically wanted TGC to open a European branch, but real competition is good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eddie turner
msg tools
Thank you for this post its gonna help me alot when i get to proto printing my ideas out as i got a lot to print lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.