9 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Strategy

Subject: TMNT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting on this forum as there's more people viewing. If you are going to a rainbow draft, but have to bring half you squad from the TMNT set, what four do you bring? What BAC to support them? I would bring

Krang ruler of dimension x
Foot Ninja Shredder's Army
Bebop Mutant warthog
Rocksteady armed and dangerous

I think the foot ninja with swarm will help the problem of getting rocksteady and bebop out together. Bebop has a when fielded burn, and rocksteady is overcrush and immunity. Yes both of them need to be fielded together. Hopefully Krang will help to keep rocksteady in the field. I still don't know what BAC will support them. Any other thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is a war on for your mind...
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
What set are you drafting with them? Civil War?
I'm partial to the KC Jones. It'd be cool to get the Swarm keyword working with Taskmaster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The draft set has not been established, so the four have to be general enough to cover a lot of situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gladiator_posse wrote:
I'm partial to the KC Jones. It'd be cool to get the Swarm keyword working with Taskmaster

Are you sure that works? Taskmaster needs to be active to get the keyword. Based on the wording, I'm not sure that unfielded dice would also gain the keyword from a fielded taskmaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zxqueb wrote:
gladiator_posse wrote:

Are you sure that works? Taskmaster needs to be active to get the keyword. Based on the wording, I'm not sure that unfielded dice would also gain the keyword from a fielded taskmaster.

If you have one Taskmaster in the field with Swarm, that's the one that matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So unfielded taskmasters also gain all keywords too. Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zxqueb wrote:
So unfielded taskmasters also gain all keywords too. Interesting.

I wouldn't say that. Specifically to Swarm, the definition for it says that you have to have one die fielded with the Swarm mechanic, and then if you draw any dice matching that one then you get extra draws. It wouldn't combo with, say, Lesser Wererat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Swarm: While a die with Swarm is active, and you draw another copy of that die from your bag during your Clear and Draw Step, draw and roll an extra die from your bag. You do this for each matching die with Swarm drawn from your bag.

From the wizkids keyword page. The last part wouldn't be able to happen, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That part is talking about different characters out. So if you had one Kobold and one Taskmaster active, you'd draw an extra die for each Kobold and/or Taskmaster you drew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.