Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: Organized Religion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Organized Religion has a culture rating of 1 and 3 happy faces. What am I getting per cube on Organized Religion? 3 happy faces per cube seem to good. How does it work? Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you're getting 1 culture and 3 happy faces per cube.

Happy faces are inherently less valuable than culture.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes they seem to be more valuable, that's what wins the game. However, 3 cubes on this card and your happiness it set for the game right? I'm still new, trying to learn. Haven't even played my first game yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joefling34 wrote:
Yes they seem to be more valuable, that's what wins the game. However, 3 cubes on this card and your happiness it set for the game right? I'm still new, trying to learn. Haven't even played my first game yet.


yup, you have it right.


and now that you are set on happiness, there was probably something else you neglected.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
3 cubes on Organised Religion is pretty dang expensive. 21 resources, plus food to make the workers, plus the civil actions to do all this.

Generally you want at one happiness tech, usually an age II one if you can (Organised Religion or Team Sports), but the age I ones are sufficient as well (Theology and Arena). The workers you place on them are generally as needed - you probably won't need more than 2 workers on Organised Religion over the entire game, and that second one will likely come fairly late.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
yes, you're getting 1 culture and 3 happy faces per cube.

Happy faces are inherently less valuable than culture.


Early game I disagree. Players get owned worse from happiness than they do from lack of culture.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuchi wrote:
Desiderata wrote:
yes, you're getting 1 culture and 3 happy faces per cube.

Happy faces are inherently less valuable than culture.


Early game I disagree. Players get owned worse from happiness than they do from lack of culture.

Good luck getting Organized religion in the early game.

I'm just explaining to the OP why it's not overpowered, as he feared. It's because all else being equal, 3 culture is better than 3 happiness. You can get by without many happy faces if you've conquered land that gives yellow tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
Mabuchi wrote:
Desiderata wrote:
yes, you're getting 1 culture and 3 happy faces per cube.

Happy faces are inherently less valuable than culture.


Early game I disagree. Players get owned worse from happiness than they do from lack of culture.

Good luck getting Organized religion in the early game.

I'm just explaining to the OP why it's not overpowered, as he feared. It's because all else being equal, 3 culture is better than 3 happiness. You can get by without many happy faces if you've conquered land that gives yellow tokens.


if 3 happiness frees up 3 extra workers, 3 happiness is way more valuable than 3 culture.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Desiderata wrote:
Mabuchi wrote:
Desiderata wrote:
yes, you're getting 1 culture and 3 happy faces per cube.

Happy faces are inherently less valuable than culture.


Early game I disagree. Players get owned worse from happiness than they do from lack of culture.

Good luck getting Organized religion in the early game.

I'm just explaining to the OP why it's not overpowered, as he feared. It's because all else being equal, 3 culture is better than 3 happiness. You can get by without many happy faces if you've conquered land that gives yellow tokens.


if 3 happiness frees up 3 extra workers, 3 happiness is way more valuable than 3 culture.

That's why I said all else being equal even with emphasis.

There's a reason Organized Religion is cheaper (both in Science and Resource cost) than Opera.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
joefling34 wrote:
Yes they seem to be more valuable, that's what wins the game. However, 3 cubes on this card and your happiness it set for the game right? I'm still new, trying to learn. Haven't even played my first game yet.

Two is usually plenty, it's rare that you go over 6 happy faces needed. And it's better long-term if you can get enough happy faces from things that either a: don't use men or b: give more points, because men are there long-term to earn points, which is difficult to do without them, so if they're occupied doing other stuff, it doesn't work out so well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.