Subject: "Flag this Thread" Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sparky
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi -

I'm a sort of new user. I joined two months ago, but I'm finally have a new user question.

If click the Red X / "Flag this Thread" in a post, does the entry's author know that I flagged it?

I'm wondering if I flag a thread or post, is it possible that I create an enemy during the process or receive an angry message from the person whose post I flagged? (which would be ironic if I wanted to flag a post that was rude or offensive...)

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the flag notifies admins only. If enough users flag the same post it gets hidden. You can set a threshold in your profile as i remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG goes to great lengths to prevent flame wars. So posting about which threads your flagged, or which users you block is not allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
As Herb said, no. If you don't feel that admin needs to be notified, choose Personal for the flag. I believe it is against the rules to mention publicly whose posts you have flagged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparky
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to everyone!

I was worried that I could be the recipient of a nastygram if I flagged someone's post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone gets a personal attack they should contact the Community Manager admin Octavian. BGG will take action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW note also that a thread (at the top, not an individual comment) can be flagged "Wrong forum", which does not hide it but alerts an admin to simply move the thread to the correct forum.

(E.g. new users often post a rule question for a game in BGG General or New User Questions (often without even saying what game they're asking about!) instead of in the Rules forum for that specific game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparky
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the additional information. Your replies answered my question .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.