17 Posts

Legendary: Civil War» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone else agree? I might be the only one. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wood
Canada
flag msg tools
So I am of the opinion that the civil war line up is really good... Mostly. There seems to be only one I'm not excited for, and looking at the poll no one else is excited either. Captain america. Why is he in here? There are now 5 versions of the character! (Regular, 1941, director of shield, civil war and let's not forget the one where he's riding a freaking dinosaur!!!) I know that some people will say that each version has unique aspects to their gameplay and they all feel different and to theī credit, that is true. But why don't they put that new fresh gameplay behind characters that haven't been done yet! Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ant-man/giant man, wasp, Wonderman just to name a few. I will buy this expansion and I love the new characters like Goliath, Vision and C/D, but please, put the energy into new characters and not "close-ish" versions of ones we already have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard some people saying that this could be Bucky-Cap. I don't think that he is, but at least let's put this possibility on the table.

In my opinion, there could be several reasons why they decided to add Cap:

1. in order to allow a death-match between Cap and Iron Man for those who have only the base set and might find that Cap not satisfactory (though I think he is awesome); probably the option of controlling Iron Man will be implemented through those 30 mysterious cards;

2. he is so iconic to Civil War that they felt he couldn't miss from the box, and since they decided to go anti-reg the only form they could add him was as a hero;

3. to finally give him Thrown Artifacts; perhaps the other boxes had too many new keywords and they didn't want people to ignore those to the detriment of Thrown Artifact;

4. to give us a savage Cap, black-ops-style, who grows in power depending on the number of different villain groups in the victory pile. I would love this.

5. because they like Cap...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the savage cap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:

3. to finally give him Thrown Artifacts; perhaps the other boxes had too many new keywords and they didn't want people to ignore those to the detriment of Thrown Artifact;

My Money is on #3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Tyler
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:

My Money is on #3

I hope they add thrown artifacts, at least for the Cap. If not, I wonder who the UD dev team are listening to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so, especially since this is purportedly "the expansion fans have been waiting for'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking for me, myself, and I, multiple variations of characters I like is fine. I'm content or happy to see them pop up in the randomizer, where characters I don't know, unless their mechanic set is amazing, I grumble and often find a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
I hope so, especially since this is purportedly "the expansion fans have been waiting for'

Thrown Artifact
New big storage box
Playmat
3D cards

Confirmed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Scroggin
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what might be cool?
You could have artifacts in the villain deck that function similarly to bystanders, but when you defeat a villain with an artifact, you gain it to your hand. That might be an easy way to add in Cap's shield, Mjolnir, the soulsword, ultimate nullifier etc. into the game. Or stick them into the hero deck as something you can buy.
Someone who makes customs should get on this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XEA48 wrote:
You know what might be cool?
You could have artifacts in the villain deck that function similarly to bystanders, but when you defeat a villain with an artifact, you gain it to your hand. That might be an easy way to add in Cap's shield, Mjolnir, the soulsword, ultimate nullifier etc. into the game. Or stick them into the hero deck as something you can buy.
Someone who makes customs should get on this...

You are perfectly right! Someone has done something similar but with Supernatural (the CW tv show) paraphernalia in the villain deck.

I am surprised that we haven't seen anything similar to the Infinity Gems, to be honest...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ovi Matteo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klakak wrote:
RangerRob24 wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:

My Money is on #3

I hope they add thrown artifacts, at least for the Cap. If not, I wonder who the UD dev team are listening to?

This.

We have been asking and moaning about the thrown artifact keyword ever since Fear Itself came out. Time after time, we got Caps and Thors naked: no shield or hammer to throw. Let's see how it goes this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1- I agree that there's too much Cap going around, but a Civil War set would be ridiculous without him and Iron Man. They're the two main characters.

2- I don't understand how anyone could think that this might be a Bucky Cap, Steve Rogers is CENTRAL to the story!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight Rider wrote:
Speaking for me, myself, and I, multiple variations of characters I like is fine. I'm content or happy to see them pop up in the randomizer, where characters I don't know, unless their mechanic set is amazing, I grumble and often find a replacement.

Yup. Multiple versions means when I randomise I still get to play regularly with my favourite characters (theme-wise), whilst avoiding the boredom of playing heroes with the same mechanics all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except that point can be made for keeping the characters new and fresh rather than retreads with new packaging. Your quote just as easily be written as
Quote:
Yup. Multiple versions New characters means when I randomise I still get to play regularly with my favourite characters (theme-wise), whilst avoiding the boredom of playing heroes with the same mechanics all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Except that point can be made for keeping the characters new and fresh rather than retreads with new packaging. Your quote just as easily be written as
Quote:
Yup. Multiple versions New characters means when I randomise I still get to play regularly with my favourite characters (theme-wise), whilst avoiding the boredom of playing heroes with the same mechanics all the time.

Only if you consider that new characters = favorite characters. Granted, the "theme-wise" qualification helps your point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
Thud105 wrote:
Quote:

Only if you consider that new characters = favorite characters. Granted, the "theme-wise" qualification helps your point

Which is the point I was making. I'm more excited theme-wise to play a new version of Peter Parker than I am to play Tigra because I love Spider-man and have zero interest in or knowledge of Tigra as a character.

Thematically, I like it when my games include the big-name characters that I enjoy seeing in the movies like Captain America, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Thor.

Also, I really want me some more Hulks...maybe I should just buy Fear Itself...

I'm not saying all the characters in a set should be duplicates by any means, I like discovering new characters through Legendary, but also don't mind that they keep throwing in duplicates too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should buy Fear Itself! Nul is worlds apart from regular Hulk (although, not surprisingly, they also work very well together).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.