Dungeon Saga: The Adventurer's Companion» Forums » General

Subject: v2 release question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Greishaw
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools

I'm curious if anyone knows about a future release of the Adventurer's Companion? On Mantic's site they have new features listed in the discerption and a Pre-order for the V2 of the Companion. I put a PO on it in Jan., it's dated to be released in June but their's been no updates from Mantic. I've tried to contact them, but they just will not answer me back about any questions on anything?! I'm just wondering if anyone on here may know anything about whats going on with the production? I'm kinda getting a little nervous about even getting my money back due to no response from the company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
What differences? I am pretty sure it is just a reprint of the version that was in retail back in December. They might have fixed a few card print errors but no major changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Greishaw
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I haven't played the adventurers companion, all I know about the contents are what I've been able to find through forms, and searches. I have the PDF, and it seams like it lacks a lot of the release contents.

I guess they are addressing discrepancies in some of the rules and cards that were noted by KS recipients, their's a note of players playing as evil characters trying to defeat good controlled by overlord (I don't know if this was in the original release), leveling up (again, don't know), and "uncharted dungeons"? I could be wrong about the additional mechanics, but I haven't found other information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
predaxe wrote:
I haven't played the adventurers companion, all I know about the contents are what I've been able to find through forms, and searches. I have the PDF, and it seams like it lacks a lot of the release contents.

I guess they are addressing discrepancies in some of the rules and cards that were noted by KS recipients, their's a note of players playing as evil characters trying to defeat good controlled by overlord (I don't know if this was in the original release), leveling up (again, don't know), and "uncharted dungeons"? I could be wrong about the additional mechanics, but I haven't found other information.

So funny, Mantic thinks all that stuff is in the version everyone already has.

Evil heroes is pretty straight forward as they give you race templates for making abyssal, abyssal dwarf, ogre, orc, and goblin heroes. These templates also serve as what you use to make custom bosses. They also provide stats for human, elf, and dwarf minions but generally only a few.

Leveling up heroes is the main content of the book.

Uncharted does a reasonable job of building the dungeon but is very weak in populating it to match the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Greishaw
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I wish the company would answer me back on a re-release! Or even some questions I've asked them about their products. I've never asked legitimate questions toward a product a company intends to sell, takes preorders, then ignores customer questions like they're the inconvenience?! It's pretty frustrating, and it'll be the last time i purchase any other products from them (I may even cancel the order).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
predaxe wrote:
I wish the company would answer me back on a re-release! Or even some questions I've asked them about their products. I've never asked legitimate questions toward a product a company intends to sell, takes preorders, then ignores customer questions like they're the inconvenience?! It's pretty frustrating, and it'll be the last time i purchase any other products from them (I may even cancel the order).

Sounds like Mantic. I would put money on there being no changes of significance between this version and the version that went to retail. Mantic has held the line for 6 months that other than a few typos there is nothing wrong with the adventurer's companion. Changing that tune now with significant modification would further hurt their kickstarter center company model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.