Louis Brenton
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

When I was newer to BGG, someone helped me get enough for an avatar, & I like to occasionally bless others by helping them in a similar way.

So, the first two people to post here will get 30 for a new avatar, on the following conditions:

1. You don't already have enough for an avatar. People who take advantage of other people's generosity are thumbsdown

2. You have been on BGG less than one year.

3. You post the names of your current top 3 favorite games, with one or two sentences about why you like them. I'm always glad to have my horizons broadened by the opinions of other people in our hobby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
How nice and generous of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joaquin Lowe
United States
Sausalito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hi there! I'm new enough to not totally understand how avatars work on BGG. So I hope that counts!

I've only been gaming for a few months now (video game convert), and the BGG community has been a great resource for me discovering great games to play.

Fave new games:

3. Viticulture - just played this for the first time last night, first with 2 other people and then solo vs the AI cards. I enjoy the worker placement game mechanic and the unique take on "seasonal" placement. And I love the theme (I also have Vinhos but haven't gotten it to the table yet.) solid solo, but more fun with company

2. Friday - discovered this great little game here on BGG when I came looking for fun solo possibilities and it has not dissapointed. It is my first experience with deck building and the first few times it really turned me off, before the idea of it clicked. Now I love it and am on the hunt for other good, and more complex, deck builders.

1. Castles of Burgundy - when my friend pulled this off the shelf and began setting it up I was nonplussed to say the least. Cheap components, sort of blah art, but the game was incredibly fun and I found my self thinking about it long after it was finished. And I'm not ashamed to say I beat a couple other Burgundy vets (with some beginners luck, as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joaquin-

You listed & described three different games that I've never played before. Thanks for calling my attention to them & sharing your thoughts.

30 for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayla Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1- Castles of burgundy! I absolutely love this game. It is so smooth and elegant! It plays so well with 2

2 Shipyard- This game keeps you on your seat till the end. The game is fantastic and the art is so cool! Building titanic era ships is satisfying for some reason

3 the Cave- I love the feeling of exploration in this game. I actually feel like I am a splunker It's fast and everyone has fun, win or lose!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayla Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for doing this! It's so nice of you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joaquin Lowe
United States
Sausalito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thank you sir! Now all I have to do is figure out how to buy an avatar, haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kayla-

You listed 3 games that I'm not familiar with. Thanks for doing that. It's interesting that both of you mentioned Castles of Burgundy. I may need to give that a more serious look.

30 for you! Enjoy your avatar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How very cool of you to do!

I know I am not one of the first two, but I am going to list 3 of my top games anyways since I have been trying to post more and be more involved instead of just lurking. The hard part is narrowing it down to 3!

1. Above & Below - beautiful game with some worker placement and resource management that also has a very fun "choose your own adventure" mechanism. My husband and I love this one, and enjoy getting into the little scenarios with silly voices, etc.

2. Flash Point Fire Rescue - An enjoyable co-op with several options in the base game to ramp up the difficulty. Fires can start anywhere, even in toilets.

3. Star Realms - it's an unassuming little deck builder, but I love building my fleet and trying to destroy my opponent/husband. Typically I prefer to play less directly competitive games with only two players, but this one showed me there can be plenty of fun exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for participating in the discussion, Mandy! And thanks for your comments on some of your favorite games.

Keep your eyes open. I'm likely to do this again in the not-too-far future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel the love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
Feel the love.

Thanks so much, darthnice! thumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
Feel the love.

Thanks for doing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.