Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maurizio Briosi
Italy
Rovereto
Rovereto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will play with 4 people this evening. I was wondering, because there are only 2 connection card, it means that 1st and 2nd player can go and get them first, without leaving much open (open production for example) to other players. Is this how it works, do I miss something to do on the strategy of the first turn? Does it imbalance the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It costs 2 meeples to buy a card. There have been turns where cards went in purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rodzilla68 wrote:
It costs 2 meeples to buy a card. There have been turns where cards went in purchased.

Same for us also, there have been turns when 1 or other of the contact cards weren't bought. Workers tend to be a valuable resource and many of the VP scoring cards need them, so unless the contact card is directly useful, it may be a bad trade.

Saying that, we've found that the blue deal contact card went on the first urn most games, as the ability to get a couple of deals out easily in the first round is powerful. but it wasn't always taken by the first player, because often that person felt their cards were better as locations or spoils. Truly, the trade-offs in how you use each card are delicious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Workers are hard to come by.

I'm not going to lie... I often play heavy deals, so if a blue card is available in the early game, I'm probably going to take it. But there are plenty of other strategies to pursue if I don't get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Briosi
Italy
Rovereto
Rovereto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the responses. I was worried about the first turn, where turn order can get a boost start because of connection, and no drawbacks because of no other "shared locations".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.