Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the several modes and variants outlined in the rules, which ones do we play most often? And what type of recruitment do we use?

For me, so far, it's been mainly the standard and adventure modes. But I've also played quite a few 3-player free-for-all's and 4-player doubles.

I prefer standard recruitment procedure, but when playing with my sons I'm usually forced into blind selection, while they--for some strange reason--still get to choose their favorites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
My default mode is definitely the standard game, but I've played and enjoyed all the other variations as well.

When going the adventure game route, by brother-in-law and I usually play each adventure twice. That way, we each get a chance to play both sides of the conflict and see who does better overall.

We recently introduced the game to a couple of other guys who can't seem to get enough of it. So lately we've been playing a lot more of both the four-player variants. Can you say battle royal? Fun stuff.

As for recruitment preference, call me mister basic, though I'm fine with restricted recruitment too. As a hopeless control freak, I have to to confess that random recruitment gives me a terrible case of the dreaded heebie-jeebies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elvisx wrote:
As a hopeless control freak, I have to to confess that random recruitment gives me a terrible case of the dreaded heebie-jeebies.

Though there has been nothing official other than a bare mention of the possibility, there may be expansions in the future.

If so, I think you may have a potential hero in your above paragraph: "Control Freak". I think it has possibilities.

And, you also mention a potential super power: the power to inflict "the dreaded heebie jeebies".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Up till now, I've played mostly standard and adventure games, mainly because it's easier to find one opponent than two or three. But I have played a couple of 4-player free-for-all games too, which I liked quite a lot, especially the way that players who are knocked out early get to bring in the Freedom Patrols and Liberty Bots to punish the banged-up heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls