Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a Japanese counterattack be conducted in reaction to a movement by the US with this card, or does the US actually have to declare a battle hex?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, technically you can play the card, but all reaction movement must be in response to a battle hex. If there are no battle hexes there is no legal hex for reaction units to move towards.

Maybe I need more context. What would you like to do in reaction in this case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That covers it. Thank you Francisco, I thought that I might be able to catch a US fleet moving from port to port who were not actually attacking anything, but that would be an interception and not a counterattack. Sometimes I should just look at the text on the card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll post this here to keep it under one heading.

"The Reaction player may activate a number of units equal to the HQ's efficiency rating plus the defender's logistics value (meaning the reaction player's logistical card played value)".

The only card that the Japanese have that has a logistical value is the Kentai Kessen, so the rest of this writing basically means if the Japanese play a reaction card they are going to use the Offensive players OC value, correct?

I think what is making me question this is there is one other Japanese card that says Counter Offensive but has no Logistical value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.