Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Facing higher lvl nemesis on purpose rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Truce Idares
South Africa
flag msg tools
mb
So my friend had this cunning plan of sending newborns to face our first Hand, but on level 2. They will all die, but then when we face the Next Nemesis of Choice we can choose a Level 1 Hand since we haven't faced one of that level yet and doing so we can send our now elite survivors that we saved from facing him earlier.

Did we understand that correctly?

And would you consider this gaming the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unfortunately you can't select the level of your nemesis. Each time you depart for a nemesis fight you fight the next level up. The first time you fight the King's Man, unless otherwise indicated, you fight a level 1. The next time a level 2 and so forth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...
mbmbmbmbmb
Idares wrote:
So my friend had this cunning plan of sending newborns to face our first Hand, but on level 2. They will all die, but then when we face the Next Nemesis of Choice we can choose a Level 1 Hand since we haven't faced one of that level yet and doing so we can send our now elite survivors that we saved from facing him earlier.

Did we understand that correctly?

And would you consider this gaming the board?

I think the showdown setup instructions for the nemesis say something like "The nemesis is one level higher than you've previously fought". I don't have the book in front of me, but there's wording that confirms that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice try though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Truce Idares
South Africa
flag msg tools
mb
Page 83 seems to deal with it:

Nemesis Encounter- Monster Name:... You must select a monster level you have not previously faced.

Seems to me my friend is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Idares wrote:
Page 83 seems to deal with it:

Nemesis Encounter- Monster Name:... You must select a monster level you have not previously faced.

Seems to me my friend is right.

Except on the setup for The Hand it says "it should be 1 greater than the last The Hand encounter"
So, assuming you somehow fought a level 2 on the first fight (you can't), every fight with The Hand from then on would have to be level 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.