Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I threw feelers out about 18xx gaming in the area and since the last time, I've relocated from Victoria to the west shore area. I have a group that plays 18xx games roughly once a month in the city but we're always looking for new players and, if there is interest, I'm also happy to host a game occasionally out west.

If you know what 18xx means and you're interested, just shoot me a PM to talk about joining up.

If you don't know what it means, then there's a BGG family associated with the series here: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/19/18xx

In short: 18xx is a term that refers to a large number of economic board games all sharing several common traits. Players start the game with money and use their money to buy shares in corporations. The game takes place in a series of share dealing rounds in which stocks are bought and sold. Between each stock dealing round, there are operating rounds in which the companies act (not the players). The player who holds the largest number of shares in a given company is the one who chooses what that company does with it's turn. Companies lay tiles on a map to create networks of railroads and then earn revenue by running imaginary trains on those networks. The revenue is then paid out to shareholders or kept by the company to grow the network or buy more trains, etc. In the end, the player who accumulates the greatest personal wealth (cash earned through dividends added to the value of their personal stock portfolio) is the winner.

There is no luck in the games and in most cases there are no random elements. A typical game runs from 2-3hours up to roughly 5 hours, though there are some larger games in the series which can run longer. We always choose a title that meets the timeline interests of the players at the table, reserving the long games for special infrequent occasions.

Again, PM me if interested or feel free to ask questions here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for a TS game sometime. Not an 18x gamer myself though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.