Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some games explicitly provide rules about this (e.g. Combat Commander: Europe), but I did not see a dedicated ruling in the Twilight Struggle rulebook:

Are players allowed to review the cards in the discard pile?

In one game during Mid War, I could not remember whether or not a given Scoring Card had been played yet or not -- i.e. whether it was in the discards, or potentially in the draw pile (or my opponent's hand!).

Am I allowed to pick up the discards and cycle through them all, or should that be illegal?

Scoring cards are generally easier to remember than others, of course, so this situation is just as consequential when trying to remember some other given card, and whether or not IT has been played (and/or was played for OPS vs. played for event and now out of game, etc.).

An "official" ruling if one exists would be appreciated. Lacking that (I don't think I saw it in the FAQ), this must have been ruled on for the purposes of tournament play....

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
When a discard pile is face-up, I play it as public knowledge and can be looked at at any time. Same for the cards that are removed from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I beleive you can look through the discards. Otherwise SALT Negotiations and Star Wars would be shots in the dark...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been no official word.

See also this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/142322
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jogge Juul
Denmark
Århus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are always allowed to look in the discard pile:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/35268/twilight-struggle-fa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.