Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Schloesser
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some of my characters gained EXPLORE (+2 on investigative rolls) when passing the 3+ understanding marker. This comes in very handy in some hunt events. We apply it only to those events that specifically use the term "investigate", but there are a few events that don't use the term but (in my tired eyes) clearly have an investigative nature:

21 Drawings
31 Strange Path
70 Tomb of Excellence
71 Found Relic

Shouldn't we use investigative rolls on these a well (and hence the +2, if the event revealer has the EXPLORE feature)??

This is particularly relevant, since "only" 9 of the 100 Hunt Events have investigative rolls so far (see list below). The EXPLORE feature is kind of weak, taking into account that you have to happen to be the Event roller... how do you play it?

List of Events with Investigative rolls:
1 Broken Lantern
9 Golden Light
11 Monster Droppings
17 Face-to-Face
24 Food from the Mouths of Others
59 Signs of Battle
78 Dead Great Game Hunter
94 Sickening Mess
100 The Finale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are to be taken literally, so yes, investigate is what it is. You can always houserule as you propose, but KDM is normally built around very specific concepts which trigger when they are supposed to.

I am not very experienced with the game yet, so I don't really know if the investigate feature is useful in other situations. Let's see what other fellow players say...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
9% probability of adding +2 to a roll that usually has "dead" on 1 or 1-2 is a big deal as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schloesser
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
9% probability of adding +2 to a roll that usually has "dead" on 1 or 1-2 is a big deal as it is.

only 1 of the 9 events with investigate (The finale) has a "dead end", the other events' low numbers result in things that range from random disorder or -1 survival to dismembered arm, none of them nice, but none a deadly blow...

granted, to be able to avoid DEAD on 1 in The Finale with EXPLORE is nice, but the probability this happens is extremely low, when you only have a guy with EXPLORE (1% of events x 10% of roll results X 25% of chance having the EXPLORE guy being the Event Revealer)... I still believe the EXPLORE feature could use some strengthening...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
PampersRocker wrote:
t3clis wrote:

only 1 of the 9 events with investigate (The finale) has a "dead end", the other events' low numbers result in things that range from random disorder or -1 survival to dismembered arm, none of them nice, but none a deadly blow...

granted, to be able to avoid DEAD on 1 in The Finale with EXPLORE is nice, but the probability this happens is extremely low, when you only have a guy with EXPLORE (1% of events x 10% of roll results X 25% of chance having the EXPLORE guy being the Event Revealer)... I still believe the EXPLORE feature could use some strengthening...

Monster specific hunt events. That is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.