Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping someone can help with this - I'm not sure from the glossary where I should take cards from when using a 'take' action.

For example:

The enchanted item Ljothatal says 'discard 1 card from your hand to 'take' and 'discard' 1 first tier creature.

I'm assuming this means that I can take one first tier creature from the tisch and immediately place it in my discard pile. This is effectively a free muster action, which seems a little OP. The only other interpretation I can think of though, is that I could take one card from my draw pile, which seems a bit pointless.

Also, while I'm asking questions, I'm assuming that '1st tier' means a creature with an attack value of 1?

It really is a horribly vague rulebook for one so long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't overthink it; it's effectively a free muster, as you described it initially. (Not OP.) And "first tier" refers to the bottom row of the tisch (you can't drill through to the second tier).

Morgan will be along to correct me if I'm wrong, but there you go!

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:
Don't overthink it; it's effectively a free muster, as you described it initially. (Not OP.) And "first tier" refers to the bottom row of the tisch (you can't drill through to the second tier).

Morgan will be along to correct me if I'm wrong, but there you go!

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Thanks Alex, your help is much appreciated and I'm reassured I'm doing it right!

While I've got the attention of someone from Mayfair(!) - I recently bought my copy at the UK Games Expo. Watching online run-throughs I've been alerted to the fact that one of the tiles was misprinted and some versions came with a corrective sticker for that tile. Any idea where I could get hold of that sticker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
Any idea where I could get hold of that sticker?

Mine was under the box insert. Check around inside the box, and there should be one somewhere if your version needs it. Alternatively, you can just print one.

Here's a photo of what you're looking for under the box insert:

However, be aware that the quality of the sticker replacement is VERY poor. If you bend the sticker at all, the ink will start cracking and fading. You might be better off just making your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berserker in peace
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also consider using the alternate redesigned tile set. I have been using them right from the beginning and have never used the stock tiles even once (which just make me feel like I'm playing a game from the 70s). It takes around an hour to finish a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
cornishlee wrote:
Any idea where I could get hold of that sticker?

Mine was under the box insert.

Ah! Thanks - almost like it was deliberately hidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.