Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone done/found an English translation of the rules? Or French?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a brief description of the game on Boardgamenews, supplied by Rüdiger Dorn, and I've done my best with the rules sheet (which takes a page to say what Dorn says in a sentence):

Give the Start Player card to the youngest player, shuffle the other cards well to be a draw pile.

Quote:
The active player each turn draws cards from the deck equal to the number of players but does not look at these cards. He then turns one card face-up and gives it to one of the players, including himself; he repeats this process until each player has received exactly one card.

Cards received by a player are laid face-up in a row, new cards added on the right.

Quote:
Each card includes a number from 0 to 5—the lower the better—and might also have an action or victory points! Each time a player receives a card, he checks to see whether his total equals 13 or more. If it does, each other player receives VPs from his own cards. The unlucky player with the total of 13 or more discards all his cards.

VP cards are those with plus signs on. You receive VPs by keeping those cards, turning them face-down {in a pile?}, while discarding all face-up cards you had received. The dealer returns any drawn but undealt cards to the draw pile, and passes the Start Player card clockwise.

This continues around the table until the draw pile runs out. The discard pile is shuffled well and the turn continues, but after the next scoring the game ends. The player with the most VPs wins. Tiebreak is the highest sum of those retained cards.

Quote:
Possible actions on the cards include veto cards (in order to say no to a card in the future), 13 --> 18 (raising your bust total to 18), lose your last card, and receive 1 or 2 VPs immediately.

The cards, and how they are used, are:

Blue, number, no symbol (21 of these, numbered 1-4)
Lay it in front of you. The number counts towards your total.

Blue, number, plus sign (21 with one plus, numbered 0-4, 18 with two plusses, numbered 1-5)
Lay it in front of you. The number counts towards your total, each plus sign is a potential VP.

Yellow, U-turn symbol (6)
Discard together with the face-up card you most recently received, if any. VP cards face-down are ignored.

Yellow, 13 -> 18 (5)
Lay it in front of you. It raises your bust total to 18. If you receive another such card it has no additional effect {but the rules don't say that you discard it}.

Blue, number, card symbol (21 numbered 0-4)
Lay it in front of you. The number counts towards your total. Additionally take the top card from the draw pile and use it as appropriate (and repeat, so long as card symbols are drawn). If you bust, the round ends immediately.

Yellow, no number, hand symbol (8)
Lay it in front of you. You can reject a later card, discarding both it and the Hand.

Green, no number, plus sign(s) (6 one plus sign, 3 two)
Add immediately to your winnings, placed face-down.

Green/yellow, no number, start button (1)
Start player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I welcome corrections to the above!

My reading of the rules contradicts some parts of the Description on the main BGG game page. I'll edit it if someone would confirm my understanding:

Quote:
You need a good memory to try to cause someone to have 13.

Cards received are laid face up, so do not need to be remembered.

Quote:
The people without 13 each round get a victory point.

Those people keep all their cards that have plus signs at the end of the round, and it is the number of plus signs that is scored at the end of game.

Update: I changed the Description to be as given by Rüdiger Dorn to Boardgamenews.com, i.e.
http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, John!

I'll give it a try. The rules sheet did look daunting -- glad to hear it's just verbose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.