Andrew Shegda
United States
mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Luna fanMicrobadge: A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game fanMicrobadge: Quantum Leap fanMicrobadge: Xia: Legends of a Drift System fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Epic Duels fan
Sorry if this is a dumb question but it's glued down and all and I'm afraid I'm going to destroy the insert. Any tips? How did you guys do it? It makes me cringe just yanking it out although that's probably what was done by others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: C++ programmerMicrobadge: Git userMicrobadge: Python programmerMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: The Kingkiller Chronicle fan
I don't think it's a dumb question. In fact I just subscribed to this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Baker
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Drive Thru Video Review fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with Spouse
I carefully peeled/tore out the part below the divider that separates the markers/cards from the binders. Just be a little careful with it. It'll come out separately from the divider itself. There was some glue residue, so I cut a strip of paper to cover it. The sleeved cards and markers now stack up just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Luna fanMicrobadge: A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game fanMicrobadge: Quantum Leap fanMicrobadge: Xia: Legends of a Drift System fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Epic Duels fan
Thanks, I got it out. It did tear the black paper under b/c of the glue but the cards and pens cover that up anyways. Fits great. I used two bags for the cards so they woulnd't be loose in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Woodhouse
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Resistance fanMicrobadge: The Resistance: Avalon fan
Not a dumb question, I was wondering the same...

In the end, I worked out I could have all the cards sleeved, and fitting neatly in the box, without any modifications (i.e. ripping out bits of cardboard) to the box itself.

All my cards are sleeved. I just store the dangerous sector cards, in the area inside the box for all cards. Then, I have 3 other sets of cards, Aliens, Humans, Escape Pods; all sleeved, and in baggies; all of which sit on top of the 8 player pads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosmic4z wrote:
Not a dumb question, I was wondering the same...

In the end, I worked out I could have all the cards sleeved, and fitting neatly in the box, without any modifications (i.e. ripping out bits of cardboard) to the box itself.

All my cards are sleeved. I just store the dangerous sector cards, in the area inside the box for all cards. Then, I have 3 other sets of cards, Aliens, Humans, Escape Pods; all sleeved, and in baggies; all of which sit on top of the 8 player pads.
You mind sharing a pic? I have a hard time visualizing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Woodhouse
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Resistance fanMicrobadge: The Resistance: Avalon fan
Here's the inside of my EFTAIOS box:

I split the cards in to 4 sets.

1. Dangerous sector cards.
2. Escape pod cards.
3. Alien character cards.
4. Human character cards.

All the cards are sleeved.

The dangerous sector cards, go in the original space in the box, intended for all the cards. I have a green sticky note, to help keep them in place and stop them from sliding around inside the box.

All the other cards (2,3,4) go in baggies, and lay flat on top of the player books.

I didn't have to modify the box at all (other than the green sticky note!) and it closes nicely and can be stored in any orientation.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Hellenica: Story of Greece fanMicrobadge: Hellenica: Story of Greece Troy fanMicrobadge: Hellenica: Story of Greece Thebes fanMicrobadge: Hellenica: Story of Greece Sparta fanMicrobadge: Hellenica: Story of Greece Corcyra fan
I sleeved my cards and now they do not fit. Here was my simple solution.

I untucked the thin box-like area under the dry-erase pads. I removed the cardboard that is tucked into that area. I then separated the role cards and escape pod cards, placed them in a zip lock baggy and tucked them into that area. Most of the rest of the cards (danger cards) fit into the existing area for cards. Those that did not went into another baggy and can lay on top of the pads. All fits perfectly and I did not have to reegineer or damage my box in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Dork
United States
Silver Spring
MD
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Lords of Xidit fanMicrobadge: Dead Space fanMicrobadge: Coriolis RPG fanMicrobadge: Bloodborne fanMicrobadge: Alone fan
What size sleeves did you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
Microbadge: Kirby's Dream Land fanMicrobadge: I am related to Monkeys and Apes!Microbadge: Demon's Souls fanMicrobadge: Carl Sagan fanMicrobadge: "Mamma mia!" - Super Mario Bros. 3 fan
I used the mayday chimera sleeves and the cards didn't fit. It was more convenient for me to rip out the cardboard for the markers. It fits now, and that's all that matters to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fields of Fire fan - 'Keep up the Fire!'Microbadge: Sails of GloryMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: WFRP (Warhammer Fantasy Role-Playing) 1st edition fanMicrobadge: Wings of War: WWI Miniatures fan
I typically use Fantasy Flight or Dragon sleeves so the deck stack ends up thicker than other brands and I wasn't sure if stashing the remainder on top or in the space under the booklets would work. While the non-destructive methods were appealing I also didn't want to deal with organizing them in too many different areas so here's what I did:

- Removed the non-glued spacer insert immediately under the pens. Tore it at the perforated bend and tucked the longer part of it to the left of the card well to act as a card catch as you can see in the attached image.

- Since I typically play with 4, I slit the upper fold on the spacer between the booklets and pen well to stash the other 4 pens (not visible).

- On the bottom spacer I slit it just enough so when the right section was folded down the remaining cards that didn't fit in the card well could easily sit in there and there was space for 4 pens immediately above. The included and ultimately never used cloth (losers lick the booklets clean) snuggles in the little open space which helps keeps things in place (though it's really not necessary).

Only kidding about licking the booklets clean…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls