Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Prendergast
United States
Newton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have an improved set of English rules for Hockey 92? The game comes with a set of rules in English but it is very poorly translated and extremely difficult (next to impossible) to understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Greg,

after a very very long time after purchase, I pulled this game out of the deep inside of my wardrobe and tried it out. Your problem with the rules does not refer to the english rules but to the rules as such. I can assure you that in the Czech language version, it is not any better at all. There are only very few people knowing the game and I found only one person on a Czech forum similar to BGG. After a very long discussions and trials, we somehow came to some conclusions, how some of the basic rules were probably meant. Still leaving a lot of special situations uncovered. However, the game has a potential to be probably the best sport simulation known, at least to me : - ). The designer is impossible to find and ask and the rumour has it, he never playtested the game and now it elapsed far too much time since the game was published anyway.
So, if you have any specific questions, let me know, I will try to share our thoughts about the rules.
k

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone ever tried to re-write the rules in English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As far as I know, there exist only 4 people in the world, who are able to play this game somehow (the designer does not count to them!) - one friend living approx. 400 km from us, my 2 sons and myself. It is far beyond our capabilities to translate the rules into English or anything else, as we are still struggling to put it into our mother tongue in a comprehensible manner...
Do you have the original rules with the designer´s English attempts? Maybe I could try to answer questions by PM...
k

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vlasak wrote:
Do you have the original rules with the designer´s English attempts?

No I don't. I was just looking for a good Hockey game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The easiest solution is: come to visit us in Prague! We will teach you. And maybe we still find some obscure place where they have the game on stock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.