Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/massive-d...

Contents:
8 cards
4 large highly detailed figures

A tad steep for $40, especially when compared to the 7 Sins Apocalypse box which was sold at the same price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: First add-on announced! $40 Elementals Enemy box!
Hm. These look cool and I appreciate their unique design, but I really would have liked to see a new basic monster type moreso than roaming monsters. They already have so many of those in this campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looks cool but 40 bucks seems a bit steep.. thoughts ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. We have what, 15 large roaming monsters so far? Which is great and all but I agree, more minion groups would really spice things up a bit.

I did like the slip by Thiago about a Necromancer class (he meant to say Sorcerer).

I'll pass on this, but it would have been a must buy if it included a kickstarter exclusive hero or something.

Compared to the Apocalypse box of 7 Sins, there is actually less content in this box for $40 compared to the Apocalypse box and that even had Kickstarter exclusive content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Not an exclusive. Might hold off until after the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
chumpcore wrote:

Also, conspicuously missing a mention of the MSRP, which they usually tell us to show a discount. What if this is $40 retail?

That said, expansions are still something you shouldn't rely on later if you really really want them. Sometimes they come out at an unpredictable time and in shorter quantities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua N
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottC1s wrote:
looks cool but 40 bucks seems a bit steep.. thoughts ?

Yea the minis look great, but $10 each is very steep, especially when you compare it to the value of the base pledge. I hope this isn't indicative of their pricing for all add-ons for this game. I do wonder why it's so much. For zombicide: Black Plague, $50 got you the entire Wolfsburg expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
$10/each for the very large figures is not that outrageous in the current marketplace. It is a little high, in my opinion, and I would rather have seen another mob, but I will likely end up getting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$40 sounds high to me too, but that's probably MSRP. They'll look beautiful once they're painted, I'd wager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
One thing to note: If they post the character cards, it's really easy to find elementals in other miniatures that you may already have (D&D pre-painted minis, Pathfinder minis, Reaper Bones, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmb
Agreed, $40 is a bit o'cash grabby for a CMON Kickstarter. Not necessarily the price point in general but especially as people have already noted, that expansions/add-ons in previous campaigns have had significantly more content/mini's, etc.

Edit: I think that's probably the consensus so far as well, at least by the amount (or lack thereof) of additional pledge money that's come in since it was announced, especially compared to add-ons and expansions that have been added in past campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmb
Exclusives can leave a sour taste in the mouths of the non-early adopters, there are a few things I would love to add to BP that I cannot get my hands on.

I think if they had mentioned the RRP vs KS cost it might help if there was a saving, and maybe add 4 loot cards that drop with these monsters that represent the elements and add a unique power.

The sad part is if they have over estimated the value of their expansions, they will not be making any changes once published, as this would make them appear to be in the wrong.

Perhaps if no one buys it, the future add on announcements will be of better value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bet they have one or two more of these boxes. They will then add them in a bundle with a discount and maybe an exclusive or two.

Just remember - I called it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef Kevin
United States
Greenfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
The best mats ever!
badge
Yes, that's me in the latte!
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
I'll bet they have one or two more of these boxes. They will then add them in a bundle with a discount and maybe an exclusive or two.

Yep, I'm guessing 2 more at $40 and they offer all three for $100 with an exclusive character or two eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:

And Kudos to you! I didn't think about that -- even after the dragons in AQI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chumpcore wrote:

Feeling the same. Although it's a good way to unlock more... exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking more about this price, it's way too high. Compare it to a fairly recent CMOM campaign: The Others.

Late in that campaign, they added an expansion for $40 called the Apocalypse box. It had five figures bigger and more impressive than these, four game boards comparable to the large map tiles of MD, two cardstock gametrackerboardthings and all the cards to run it. And it had two exclusive character figures and sheets to go with it!

Check out that original update and this Elemental box looks really really bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That price is pants on head silly.

I'm a get everything person when it comes to games and even I'M skipping that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermes Padilla
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pffff... $40 is a new complete boardgame. Or a big box expansion for Descent. I would rather buy an expansion for Descent than 4 minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
$10/each for the very large figures is not that outrageous in the current marketplace. It is a little high, in my opinion, and I would rather have seen another mob, but I will likely end up getting it.

It is, actually. Unless you're talking about Games Workshop.

For a KS board game it's easily double what it should be. Those figs aren't much bigger than the standard Zombicide Abominations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Davej360 wrote:
This is an absolutely perfect add-on.

There's no real reason to get it now for fear of missing out since it's not exclusive, but the folks who want to throw money at them can and are. It's probably cheaper for folks out of the USA to get it now.

I'm passing on it.

How do you know it is not exclusive?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They always label exclusives prominently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Bobby4th wrote:

It is, actually. Unless you're talking about Games Workshop.

For a KS board game it's easily double what it should be. Those figs aren't much bigger than the standard Zombicide Abominations.

A large mini for any game is going to be at least $10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
One thing to note: If they post the character cards, it's really easy to find elementals in other miniatures that you may already have (D&D pre-painted minis, Pathfinder minis, Reaper Bones, etc.)

Honestly, I think -that- is a huge problem they're going to have with this project from conception: it's -too- generic. If they release cards online, that's one less relevant mini sale they'll make. I mean, their sculpts are nice, but there's nicer cheaper options and often in better materials. They're only hope is loyal completionists who won't play with proxies, and keeping cards and such offline. Otherwise I don't see a lot of future sales of anything past the base game.

Meanwhile, people are used to getting a bigger bang from CMoN KSs, and this one just feels chintzy in comparison. A bag, some notepads, pillars, and treasure chests don't seem to be grabbing people. To some extent, maybe the gravy train days are over, and the reality of inflation is setting in (both on us for the $120 pledges, but also on them for increasing production and development costs).

Me? I think the game looks like it might be some fun, but also fear it's repetitive and lacking any deeper theme ("so the goblin tunnels are also home to (pulls random monster) a Flesh Golem and a Weretiger!"). On the upside, I'm glad the overpriced underperforming Elementals isn't an exclusive, as it's an easy avoidance. I'm looking at maybe only buying a base pledge on this thing, if even that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$40 for more CMoN trinkets???? Count me in! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.